Closed Thread

Reload Thread: missing hits of bass

abmwfastrthanu is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

missing hits of bass

i recently installed a Image Dynamics ID Max 12 V.3 with an Audiobahn amp, it is running at 2 ohms right now, and whenever i give it some real power from the remote, it goes crazy, not even to the beat of the music, almost like its just vibrating....i know this seems like a odd question, just kind of stumped, any ideas? do i need to add something else to the system? thanks

shaun

FAM4LIFE is offline SHILOH BOY

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What type box is it in. If ported you want to play with the subsonic filter if your amp has one. I had the same problem but after some adjustments it was under control. Check your wiring also, could be a bad ground.

2006 Titan XE

Under construction!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Audiobahn A18001DQ Amp, one Image Dynamic ID MAX 12

yes my box is ported, thou i took the lazy mans way of getting it, i bought it off ebay cheap and didnt bother building it to the exact specifacations from Image Dynamics, yeah i know thats bad...... but would that really make a difference?

also, with my car the battery is under the back seat, so my power wire and ground wire are both around 8 feet, i guess that could be a problem, i posted a question about that before, and someone told me that 3 feet is an ideal length for a ground wire, but sometimes u gota do what you gota do, right? i dont know, just is depressing/annoying when u put all that money out for nice stuff and u get problems

shaun

dbhittin is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    your ground wire is a bit 7ft to long

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ok so its seven feet, should i ground it to somewhere else in the trunk that will not make as good of a ground as the battery? would a higher gauge wire suit me better if i kept it grounded to the batt?

shaun

GSteg is offline Custom User Title

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the remote...aka gain remote. diconnect the remote from the amp and reset the gain until it sounds better. turn off any bass boost on the amp. once it sounds good, pop back in the remote.

what is the LP xover set at?

and yes, the box makes a world of a difference. how big is the box (internal cubic feet) and what is the port tuned to?

Hello GSteg it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Closed Thread