Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Image Dynamics CXS64.. yay or nay?

Troydb is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Image Dynamics CXS64.. yay or nay?

Just wanted to get everyones opinion on this component set. I am currently running CDT HD's and just want to try something else. These will be mounted in kickpanels and my goal is to have solid midbass to really bring the bass up front. I want to keep SQ at the highest level with the budget I have to work with- $300ish for a comp set.

I am comparing the Image Dynamics to the Pioneer Premier TS-C720PR that seem to be all the rage right now. Any thoughts on which ones are the better comp set?

Troydb is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Image Dynamics CXS64.. yay or nay?

Meant to post this in the SPEAKER section.. Mods please move thread.. thanks!

audioholic is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

IMO you aren't gonna realize any substantial increase in midbass unless you look at 1) dedicated midbass drivers, or 2) soemthing like the re xxx mids that have as much displacement as your average 8.

But I will say, CDT is pretty notorious for lacking midbass. No idea if that is true however.

No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power. Ever. I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar.

Troydb is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I don't know if I'd say they lack midbass. They sound good, but I've had them for a while now and since I am getting ready to redo my kickpanels I want to try something new. Those Pioneer Premiers seem to be all the rage right now, but I also have my eye on the Image Dynamic set. I just can't decide between the two of them.

Closed Thread