Closed Thread

Reload Thread: L7 box design help

TRANSAMCHARGER is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

L7 box design help

I need help on building a box for a S15L7. I want the most SPL out of this but not crap for SQ. I have a 20 cu ft trunk. I prolly want to go 6 cu ft thou which its recommended. This sound better sealed or ported. I i go ported can someone tell me the length of the port width and length. I think th edementions for a 6 cu ft box would be around
    40L x 19W x 17H.
    thanks
    anyone who has this sub can you please tell me which set ups louder with out crap for SQ

Sysop is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm running an S15L7 in a 5 cuft. vented enclosure. The bigger the box the better the sound for the L7. A 6 cube box would do well. At 6 cuft. make the port 3.5x16.25 and 13.75in. long. Then give the sub 1000watts. Make sure you amp has a subsonic filter too.
    I've heard of guys going with 6cuft. sealed enclosures for more sq. The vented will definitely be loud, but sq will suffer some. IMO go vented the sub will pound.

Dus this have thow have a mug of ale for me and my mate? He has been pitched in battle for a fort night. And has a kings thirst for the frosty brew thuse thow have for thuse.

Closed Thread