Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Thinking about adding 4 more speakers to my current set up.

patience is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thinking about adding 4 more speakers to my current set up.

Joy my first post here

Well anyway, I am currently running (for regular speakers anyway) 2 rear 6x9's and 2 front 4x6's. They sound very clean and are running off a 4 channel alpine.

I am thinking about adding another pair of each (all in the doors). But here is where I run into "issues".

The speakers I am planning to run are ones I have lying around. They are low wattage but high DB (about 90 each). 2 pioneer 6x9's rated at 60watts rms and a pair of petra 4x6's to run along side my other 4x6 audiobahns (petras are 30watt rms, but clarity is awesome).

The thing about this all is I want to run them all off the HU instead of adding a third amp. My pioneer 740mp premier can handle these speakers on its own with no problems.

But would it be worth the trouble? Or should I just do it now and amplify them later? Thanks for the help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Depending on wht kind of head unit you have i would run them off an amp. with the amp you should have more options of config the speakers, so you can have those ones be high/or lows. i would hook them up to the amp, if you got the power use it.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wel I could probably easily throw another amp on the system since I have one lying around that could do the job, and I have plenty of channels open on my crossover but thats not my point.

Its seems like I am wasting power by not using the power from my HU. I have installed quite a few of these HU and I know they crank all by themselves. It should be able to keep up with the rest of the systemwith a little gain tweeking.

The HU is rated at 50x 4 mosfet, so realisticlly it would probably push about half that whcih is perfect for the low watt speakers I want to run off them.

Randy Savage is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Originally posted by patience
    Wel I could probably easily throw another amp on the system since I have one lying around that could do the job, and I have plenty of channels open on my crossover but thats not my point.

Its seems like I am wasting power by not using the power from my HU. I have installed quite a few of these HU and I know they crank all by themselves. It should be able to keep up with the rest of the systemwith a little gain tweeking.

The HU is rated at 50x 4 mosfet, so realisticlly it would probably push about half that whcih is perfect for the low watt speakers I want to run off them.
    I think an extra set would throw off the balance, especially in your front stage.

P.S.- Where on LI are you from?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Try hooking them up to the HU first, drive around for a couple weeks see how u like it, then if you fell they need more power throw the amp on

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by snova031
    I think an extra set would throw off the balance, especially in your front stage.

P.S.- Where on LI are you from?
    I am way out east, exit 68 off the "Long Island Distress way"

Good point Toxic, I could always change whatever I wanted.

You see this though

That whole marked area is hollow inside atleast a good 4 inches behind there it seems like a shame to waste so much space. I could build a fiberglass enclosure in there for an 8" and when the door closes that far left area lands exactly behind the rear seat.

Thats where I would put the 6x9's, so it would be filling that area. Although I would rather have some midbass there......

Hmm.....

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    maybe I should add some subs in there?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    or componet

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I am way out east, exit 68 off the "Long Island Distress way"
    Lol, I'm from North Babylon, but right now I'm at StonyBrook Univ., exit 62, so I'm right by ya.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by snova031
    Lol, I'm from North Babylon, but right now I'm at StonyBrook Univ., exit 62, so I'm right by ya.
    *Hides stuff*

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    *Hides stuff*
    Lol, I won't steal it(.....yet)...

Hehe, I'm just kiddin man...

You're lucky, you're right by the outlets....

You ever go to the mall in StonyBrook, Smithaven?? So many **** hot girls there, best mall I've ever been to...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    LOL, I am actually happily married, but yes I do venture there once in a while. My mother inlaw works in STonybrook as a purchasing agent in the dental school. She would be the one with the nasty disposition.

I don't buy my stuff from the outlets though, if you only knew how much of that stuff is hot you would be surprised. My brother inlaw owns an electronics repair shop so I help him and get some discounts and toys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    LOL, I am actually happily married, but yes I do venture there once in a while. My mother inlaw works in STonybrook as a purchasing agent in the dental school. She would be the one with the nasty disposition.

I don't buy my stuff from the outlets though, if you only knew how much of that stuff is hot you would be surprised. My brother inlaw owns an electronics repair shop so I help him and get some discounts and toys.
    How is it hot? Most of them are factory outlets...

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    LOL, NM I though you meant the flea markets. Thats what I usually think of as the outlets.

Closed Thread