Closed Thread

Reload Thread: mix and match speakers?

mofojordan is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

mix and match speakers?

Currently I've got 4 Pioneer speakers in my car(Toyota Camry). Two 6x9 in the back shelf and two 4" in the front doors.

The front door speakers are sounding kinda puny compared to the 6x9's, so I was hoping to switch those out for a new bigger 6.5".

Do I need to stay with the same brand of speakers to maintina SQ? What would happen if I put in Infinity Kappas in the front and leave my Pioneer's in the back?

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    shouldnt hurt anything......but i'd get rid of the 6x9's cause they will bring your imaging to the rear......for ideal imaging u want mostof your sound coming from the front

mofojordan is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Goddyd4me
    shouldnt hurt anything......but i'd get rid of the 6x9's cause they will bring your imaging to the rear......for ideal imaging u want mostof your sound coming from the front
    Get rid of my 6x9s?

But my 6x9s sound really good , although I can't hear them when I drive.....only my rear passengers get to enjoy those 6x9.

Therefore, I'm trying to upgrade my 4" to 6.5" so the front passengers can have better imaging. Is this a waste of my effort? Thanks for you help.

Gauntlet is offline bulletproof

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Therefore, I'm trying to upgrade my 4" to 6.5" so the front passengers can have better imaging. Is this a waste of my effort? Thanks for you help.
    No, you should definitely do it....

"The world is full of people who want nothing short of perfect,
    but settle for less, blinded by their quest for purpose."
    - Slug

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    definatly do it....jus saying for optimum imaging i'd get rid of the rear speakers......but its personal pref. tho....

Mokkema is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah...definatly go with the 6.5 (which is stock speaker size for a camry...I own one).

But do NOT get rid of your 6x9's...they are one of the nice features of a camry with stock fit for a 6x9 speaker, and you CAN hear them you just think you can't...believe me you'll notice a complete lack of lower sound quality and the semi bass you might get will be completely gone.

I've got a pioneer 8400MP h/u with 2 6.5 Infinity Kappas and 2 6x9 Infinity Kappas...so yeah stick with 2 6.5 and 2 6x9 and you'll be happy...will bring more imaging to the front of the car, while still providing nice rear sound channels.

dave_3148 is offline fuggun "a" man!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Mokkema
    yeah...definatly go with the 6.5 (which is stock speaker size for a camry...I own one).

But do NOT get rid of your 6x9's...they are one of the nice features of a camry with stock fit for a 6x9 speaker, and you CAN hear them you just think you can't...believe me you'll notice a complete lack of lower sound quality and the semi bass you might get will be completely gone.

I've got a pioneer 8400MP h/u with 2 6.5 Infinity Kappas and 2 6x9 Infinity Kappas...so yeah stick with 2 6.5 and 2 6x9 and you'll be happy...will bring more imaging to the front of the car, while still providing nice rear sound channels.
    your not supposed to hear the rear speakers. i say ditch em

abcdefg is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by dave_3148
    your not supposed to hear the rear speakers. i say ditch em

i dont see whats the big deal on imaging and all that crap, its just whatever sounds best to him if he likes them then good, but i think it sounds good to have all around sound, b/c if u dont have rearfil it sounds like ur missing something

Pioneer Premier DEH-660
    1 12inch ED k
    2 12inch RE HC's
    Hifonics brutus 1000d
    infinity kappa 6 1/2 components
    polk 5 1/4's
    US Acoustics USX2080
    sony cd player-4sale
    jensen 4's- 4sale

check this out guys:
    http://www.sounddomain.com/id/tumultgoboomboom

Aim= wrde2005
    Email= [email protected]
    Aol instant message= wrde333

more_spl is offline only have 1, but it's 12"

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ^^ above post.... I was in my buddies can and it sounded ghetto from the back seat because i would here an echo from the front and i thought my other friend was singing, and im like WTF!!!...... but i could tell that the rears hit my ears a lot faster than the fronts..... Basially, if you experience this at all, it sounds improper.... that's why there's that one HU that has the "image timing effect" thing.....
    But whatever sounds best to you man

i decided not to have a signature

Closed Thread