Closed Thread

Reload Thread: not happy with adire box size suggestion for brahma 10" please help!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

not happy with adire box size suggestion for brahma 10" please help!!

Ok i called adire twice and both times they told me .75 gross. Im not happy with the output for a 340 dollar sub but i think this has to do with this ridiculous box size. also will there be a huge difference after the break in? I told them i would be sending it 600 watts, cause it wont take the 1800watts at 1 ohm.

With my current amp rack i have space to make a box 8x22x25 which is a box volume of 1.812. what would be the best thing to do do with that space and 600 watts.

If i was to build a new amp rack I could build a box 8x32x25 which would be a total box volume of 2.696. what would be the best thing to do with this space and 600 watts.

Which box size would you think would be better for the sub? Would there be a huge difference in the output of the subwoofer? Could i do a ported box with the larger area? what would i tune it to, Ive never built a ported box, 3 sealed but no ported so i need alittle input. Any suggestions would be great. THanks Chris

Oh i have a 2003 4runner its in the cargo area facing up at the ceiling. !!!

Randy Savage is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Make a ported box with the 2.7 cubes you have. Tune it in the mid 30 Hz area, 35 Hz should be good. With ported boxes, you theoretically get 2x the output with the same wattage (a 3dB gain)...so if you port it, it will sound at least twice as loud with the same wattage...

jlaine is offline Vaporware

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by snova031
    Make a ported box with the 2.7 cubes you have. Tune it in the mid 30 Hz area, 35 Hz should be good. With ported boxes, you theoretically get 2x the output with the same wattage (a 3dB gain)...so if you port it, it will sound at least twice as loud with the same wattage...
    Way too large of an encosure suggestion.

The 10" does sound good ported though, just not in that size of a chamber.

Box size isn't ridiculous really, perhaps you are expecting more out of a 10" than is normal?

It's an ideal candidate for porting, if you want to go that route to utilize your power to the utmost.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Originally posted by jlaine

The 10" does sound good ported though, just not in that size of a chamber.

:o
    Thought it was a 12"

impulsebrklyn is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    then what would be a good size for an enclosure. I was running two idmax and i figure i would atleast get the same ouput when i was running only one. But the output isnt even close to when i was running one mtx 12" 6000 a few years ago?? I just get very low tight tight bass not much else. and the gain on my amp is at like 3/4 to even get that it doesnt disort till almost full gain. need some help chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'd say around 1.5 cubes ported...

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    .75 sound about right considering your only gonna be sending 600w....maybe larger....but not to much....

Closed Thread