Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Recommend a good high efficiency 10 inch sub? Powered by 150w amp

nobb is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Recommend a good high efficiency 10 inch sub? Powered by 150w amp

Hi.
    I am using a 4 channel amp (2 channels for front, other 2 channels bridged for sub at 150w rms). Right now, that 150w is powering an old kicker sub in a 0.69 cu.ft sealed enclosure. I do turn it up a bit sometimes, but not at earbleeding levels. 150 watts might not seem like alot of power for a car sub, but currently, it gets loud enough for me.

I would like to upgrade my sub to something that might be able to hit a bit lower, and maybe to squeeze a bit more SQ out of it. Maybe someone has some recommendations for a good high efficiency sub? I would prefer to not have to get another amp to power this sub, so I am thinking about just sticking with my 4 channel amp for simplicity. Remember, I only have about 150 watts rms. How would this sub work:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=264-862

Its not a car sub, and does not list the recommended sealed enclosure size. But is it possible to just look at the specs and figure if it will work ok in my 0.69cu.ft sealed box? Or if you guys have other recommendations for something that may work in my situation, feel free to share. Thanks.

lebomb is offline Son Of Thunder

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Recommend a good high efficiency 10 inch sub? Powered by 150w amp

JL10w1v2

I have the 12" running off of 140 Alpine watts........it gets pretty loud, goes low and sounds great.

2004 Accord EX
    OEM Headunit w/ XM Radio
    6 Disk In-Dash Changer
    Stock Neodymium Speakers
    JL12w1.v2
    Alpine sub amp
    RF and Stinger Wires

Son Of Thunder

Closed Thread