Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Reload Thread: So will there be a 8", 10", 12", 15" or 18" challenge this year ?

02parkave is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: So will there be a 8", 10", 12", 15" or 18" challenge this year ?

Quote Originally Posted by ramos View Post
    Think so ? Water off a ducks back my man. Actually it's not that your criticising me that bothers me . Never said it was the end all be all. Never saw one post stating it as such . If you would have read anything before you decided it was completely worthless, you would have realized that it was stated many times over the purpose and reason things were done the way they were done. It was meant to give the average joe smho an idea of how different subs perform in similar conditions. Go back over to realm of excursion and note how many times it's mentioned that something may perform differently in optimal conditions.
    Yes.. it surely seemed to be "water off a ducks back" judging by your past response! What is it that bothers you then? The "test" was throwing a bunch of woofers into a couple of prefab-ish boxes, and going at it.. gee.. how accurate well, a+ for effort, i guess Also.. I have yet to recieve an answer about the Aura's build quality...

Electrodynamic is offline Knows nothing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 02parkave View Post
    Also.. I have yet to recieve an answer about the Aura's build quality...
    We haven't received an answer either. Obviously something go right, but the glue joints and quality of how it was put together was the best out of the group, hands down. The 15" version I had for 2 years performed great, and I pounded on it regularly...so who knows about the 12".

Electrodynamic
    "On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero."
    Owner Stereo Integrity
    Co-owner Obsidian Car Audio
    Associate Sundown Audio
    Simon Eichenberger is my hero
    Power handling is not a power requirement! Don't install suckage!

lilmaniac2 is offline Ask Me about SI Mag V4!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Electrodynamic View Post
    After the 8" and 12" challenge I don't think many of us will be up for hosting another event like that. The last challenge, the 12" challenge, went well for those who participated in the actual event. It was only after we posted the information did we see that people focused on only a few numbers and looked over the rest of the information. We had a SQ and an SPL portion, but again only a few SPL numbers were looked at. That, and our testing was completely wrong and full of faults (apparently). And with that kind of response from the test results, who would want to do another one just to be poked at after it was done?

Everyone got to see what the drivers could really do and the challenge and it was great for everyone that attended. I didn't know Chad was out that much on food though. I think small meets might be where it's at from now on. Like Chad said, we did the 8" and 12" meet with great results but the results weren't appreciated as well as everyone was hoping. I don't think Chad will do another meet and I know that I'm not going to host one (for numerous reasons - bias due to the obvious, errors, etc). Too bad really.

food was the least of the expenses, i just wish i could find half the tools that were lost during the test.

Flipx99 is offline Violator of Terms

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lilmaniac2 View Post
    food was the least of the expenses, i just wish i could find half the tools that were lost during the test.
    Someone jacked you up or did you just lose them in all the commotion?

Black cat, white cat...all that matters is that it catches mice. -Deng Xiaoing

I do homework for money. I specialize in finance. PM me for estimates.

If someone uses me as a reference, please contact me first.

ramos is offline Still learning

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 02parkave View Post
    Yes.. it surely seemed to be "water off a ducks back" judging by your past response! What is it that bothers you then? The "test" was throwing a bunch of woofers into a couple of prefab-ish boxes, and going at it.. gee.. how accurate well, a+ for effort, i guess Also.. I have yet to recieve an answer about the Aura's build quality...

Prefabish ? So chad , loyd , Jim and I build prefabish enclosures ? What bothers me is you saying that volunteered time from several people and a few company owners was worthless.

5 % equipment
    90 % install
    5% beer

02parkave is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Electrodynamic View Post
    We haven't received an answer either. Obviously something go right, but the glue joints and quality of how it was put together was the best out of the group, hands down. The 15" version I had for 2 years performed great, and I pounded on it regularly...so who knows about the 12".
    yeah, crazy bout that.. i know a lot of ppl were excited to see how it would fare

ouch.. that is ******

Quote Originally Posted by Flipx99 View Post
    Someone jacked you up or did you just lose them in all the commotion?
    I wanna know this also

Quote Originally Posted by ramos View Post
    Prefabish ? So chad , loyd , Jim and I build prefabish enclosures ? What bothers me is you saying that volunteered time from several people and a few company owners was worthless.
    Prefabish- a generic box, not made specifically for one woofer. so, yes as for the time- yes, it was a worthless test. take that for what it is worth.

adio is offline THE STEREOTYPE FIGHTER!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KnOkIn It 420 View Post
    Doubt it will be great.
    x2

refs= springy101 <-- ultimate buyer, jmanpc(sold stereo), pwnt by pat <---the ultimate installer, PV audio and ionsql(box designs), toxic tuan (crystal comps), hazardous0388 (8" TB's), backthepack(jbl1200.1), bamavoo (sold profile ap1000M), rashadd (box plans in time of need), bassaddictj (jl xr mids), louisiana_crx(traded amps for DD comps), revrider1 (traded tc sub for RE sub and amp), jcldallas24 (bought jbl 1200.1), boomsday (2.3 cu ft tuned to 32hz), UMWDawg92 (sold kenwood stereo)
    fuq with adio, get your money/product that completely works........GUARANTEED!!!!!!!

mrogowski is offline Beware the eyes of Johnny

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well, I for one would be open to hosting such a thing. After attending my first SPL challenge (hosting, not participating) I was intrigued by all the different setups I saw/witnessed - e.g. an $8 second-had sub doing a 14x.x; a box put together in less than an hour coming in the top 2, etc.

There is of course, the bias factor - one which can and would be easily overcome since others would be there to keep things on the level. There will of course, need to be some experienced folks who are willing to take the time out to doing such a thing.

Also, being in Winnipeg, I'm not exactly located in the center of the car audio world either....

I'm right. I'm always right. Even when I'm wrong, I'm right.

iagrdshaka is offline Down with jimmy hats

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's always the guy you least suspect.

REFS: Vincent9515, snoopdan, delvryboy, pyro719, teamsubgopoof, coolahan, Toxic Tuan

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4