Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Equipment stolen, need advice for power to my Avalanche

Unfortunately, this past week someone broke into my car and stole my headunit and amps, however, they left my 12" Avalanche and components. I originally had an MB Quart RAA1000 powering my Avalanche in a .95 sealed box. However, it felt like my sub was "bottoming" out, or distorting with deep bass, even with the gains moderately set. Forgive me, although I'm somewhat familiar with car audio, some of the technicalities and science behind it escape me.

Anyway, I was looking at running an amp with less power, specifically an alpine pdx1.600, 600x1 @ 4ohm. I recall talking to Chad and reading some comments about how the Avalanche is really efficient and should be able to perform with not a ton of power. Would 600 watts be adequate in powering my 12" in a sealed box with the dimensions posted above? Anyone have any experience using an amp with similar power to the avalanche?

Forben70 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Equipment stolen, need advice for power to my Avalanche

Sorry this happen to you. My wifes 1500.00 mirrors were stolen off her Mercedes Benz, so we know how you feel. Not to mention I've had my truck broken into numerous times. Did they shatter your glass as well? They grabbed the amp and hu because they weas easy to carry, the subs were prob. to large or heavy. Will your insurance not cover it?

billybrown66 is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Equipment stolen, need advice for power to my Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by Forben70 View Post
    Sorry this happen to you. My wifes 1500.00 mirrors were stolen off her Mercedes Benz, so we know how you feel. Not to mention I've had my truck broken into numerous times. Did they shatter your glass as well? They grabbed the amp and hu because they weas easy to carry, the subs were prob. to large or heavy. Will your insurance not cover it?
    Thanks for the kind words. The insurance is going to cover it all. They tried to get the sub, took one screw out, must have got spooked or didnt want to spend the energy lifting the sucker out of the box. The only reason it happened was because I didn't park my car in front of my house because I didn't renew my city sticker in time, had it been in front of my house and they tried to take it... well, they would have tasted steel. The one good thing and only good thing, is they didn't screw up my interior or pry open my doors, just busted in a window, were in and out. Even though they **** for stealing my stuff at least they weren't total scumbags and didn't do a bunch of unnecessary damage.

Anyway, anybody know about powering 600 watts to an avalanche? would that be enough?

Closed Thread

User Tag List