Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Dvc Help!!! Yes, Answer... Please... Click On Me!

Unregistered Guest

Dvc Help!!! Yes, Answer... Please... Click On Me!

I just got my Alpine SWR-1240D in the mail and am confused about how to wire it.

I have a Punch 360.2 amplifier. It is capable of 360Wrms @ 4ohms mono. Rockford does not recommend bridging the channels and connecting them to a 2ohm load.

The tech did recommend that I could attach each channel to each voice coil and that it would work... but this doesn't seem like it will.

Zane, if you're out there (and I know you are ) please help me out. Anyone, please help.

-BT

caraudionow is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Amp

Why did you buy an amp that runs at 4ohm mono when you have a 4ohm DVC sub? Honestly your best bet would have been to buy a mono channel amplifier, possibly a class D, which would have had more power and even been cheaper. They are also perfect for 2ohm loads.

Unregistered Guest

I "bought" a 4ohm SVC sub. I "received" a DVC. I cannot return it, I bought it off of ebay. I can ship it back for a full refund, but I would rather keep it and make due.... if at all possible.

I intentionally bought the 4ohm sub and later that night went out and got a good deal on the amp too. The guy seems to think that the DVC is much more valuable than an SVC and that I should be thrilled to have received it instead of a SVC... but that doesn't really help me out any.

I know I would have been better off with a class D amp for this situation... but I wasn't planning for this either. I don't have enough money (or time) to invest in yet another amp. Hell, I'm still trying to scrounge for a box while my HU is getting fixed.

mrmagoo_83 is offline Registered User

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If you bought the amp that night take it back. See about buying an amp to fit the sub. If not, I dont know what to tell you either way the sub will not be getting the full power out of that amp. What kinda sub is it?

SuckMikeHawk23 is offline #1 Laker Hater

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    just connect the positive to the negative on one vc, and negative to negative of amp and positive to postive of amp. i believe that would give u an 8 ohm load. it may not be 4, but its better than 2 for ur situation. either that or buy another sub.

Team Caraudio.com
    2000 Honda Civic Coupe:
    Alpine CDA-7892
    MTX81000D
    US Acoustics USX4085
    Crystal Mobilesound CPE60S
    Crystal Mobilesound CSC60S
    2 E12KD2's
    4.7 cubic foot ported box

AIM: TeamVicious23 and FishermanSteve23

m83x is offline The Saint

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    again.. im recomending this site... its very informative and really helps... check this out Unregistered!

http://www.maaudio.com/techsupport/b...ubwoofers.html

Nobody screams more treble..

SKMexiFry is offline ...For a Porkchop, uh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Forget that...........

That is a good sub, so here's my lowdown. That amp says not to wire a 2 ohm load, but it can take it. My MTX amp said not below 4 ohm, but it will be fine. Also, you can't wire each voice coil to each channel, because what if the music is different in each channel? Subs can't move in 2 different directions at once. Just wire them in parallel and bridge the amp. It will hit hard for a long time, unless you play it at full blast for 6 hours at a time, then buy some new stuff. Have fun!!!

Unregistered Guest

its me...

the amp would be hard to take back... as it is installed in my car and I bought it on clearance.

if i manage to connect the amp so that both the left and right speaker outs are putting out the same signal... do you think that i could hook the individual coils up to each speaker out then? I can't afford another sub. I can't afford another amp. The guy sent me the wrong thing and i would have to pay shipping (which I can't afford at the moment.. yes i'm that poor) to get it back. I would like to work with what i have.

However, I do have a four year service/warranty plan on the amp so i guess even if it does blow, I can still get a new one.

I had the guys at best buy install it for free and they said that when my sub came in, they would hook it up. so i guess if they do all the work, and something goes wrong... they should help me out. I don't know we'll see.

keep it coming....

-BT

Unregistered Guest

here is an idea i just had...

has anyone come out with some sort of dummy 4 ohm load..

i.e. not a real speaker or voice coil... just some sort of resistor that can handle the high voltage and wattage and create an impedence of 4 to 8 ohms??

that would solve my problem!

-BT

Closed Thread