Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

need some help from the pros

Hi, its been a while since i have been on here so you probably dont remember me.

I need some advice on speaker/enclosure for my sister. I have built boxes, installed amps and speakers for her a number of times and she is very rough on them.

Ok I have given her a rf bd500.1 amp that I had so I dont think she can blow that as easy as the sony she did have. But for the speakers I dont know what to do. She had some mtx 6000, not repairable any more, I gave her some polk dx subs she has already fried the tinsles, I just repaired one of them. I would like to get her 1 15 that can safely handle 600wrms, something with strong tinsles since this seems to be the biggest problem. I have been considering a ek15 but not sure about type and size box that would be best with that amp. She likes SPL but I dont know if she can safely own a ported box and she drives an eclipse so space is an issue.

I know Blah blah blah, but any help or advice will be greatly appriciated.

Mark_ab is offline The Alpha Male

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Get her an SPL sub w/ a power handling of about 1000W, put it in a sealed box, and keep the gain down. Shouldn't have a problem.

Is this not a reasonable place to park?

Closed Thread

User Tag List