View Poll Results: JL vs. Kicker vs. Apline

Voters
168. This poll is closed
  • 12W7

    45 26.79%
  • S12L7 DVC 2 Ohm

    66 39.29%
  • Type R DVC 2Ohm

    57 33.93%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 142

Reload Thread: The ultimate showdown

  1. #16
    BlackMaxima's Avatar
    BlackMaxima is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    852
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The ultimate showdown

    Quote Originally Posted by hojna15 View Post
    check it out everyone, here is the ultimate showdown for SPL, all you gotta do is check which one you think is gonna win in a SPL Ported box competition. All are wired accordingly to TWO (2) Kenwood KAC-9152D 1800 watt mono amplifiers



    what is soooo ultimate about this so called showdown??


    if it was BTL vs DD9500 vs LMS-5400

    or IDMAX vs FIQ vs SiMAG


    i would say its a showdown, notting ultimate about it but its a showdown


    stop making dumb threads you noob
    Last edited by BlackMaxima; 04-23-2007 at 01:52 PM.



    References: ME,







    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYCORNUTS18 View Post
    the JL 500/1 is good and JL actually puts out like 185% so that would be good
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalohed View Post
    My mom is the ultimate SPL woofer.
    Cheapest too.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpom View Post
    i was wondering if this site was legit, im not sure if im allowed to post it or not so let me know if i can.
    (www.caraudio.com)




  2. #17
    hojna15's Avatar
    hojna15 is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The ultimate showdown

    This whole post is to help me decide what to buy for my car so that i can beat out my buddy and his girlfriends car. and the reason that its these subs and not those other brands is because i cant find those kind of subs (BTL vs DD9500 vs LMS-5400 or IDMAX vs FIQ vs SiMAG ) and also the reason its just those three, is cause they are the most popular ones, and for the cost of them they have great apperance, performance, and reputation.



    Mobile Dynamics May 2007 Graduate
    2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    Kicker CVX 15" Dual 4 ohms
    2 x Kenwood 1800watt amp
    0Guage, Kenwood speakers
    Pioneer DVD head unit
    Livin Loud and GOINDEF

  3. #18
    DDeitz's Avatar
    DDeitz is offline CarAudio.com Veteran



    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Winnipeg, Ca
    Posts
    2,020
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The ultimate showdown

    Quote Originally Posted by hojna15 View Post
    is cause they are the most popular ones, and for the cost of them they have great apperance, performance, and reputation.
    funky pups look better, put those in




  4. #19
    Grinder1989's Avatar
    Grinder1989 is offline Sundown Audio Dealer



    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    5,730
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The ultimate showdown

    none of them are that great anyway



    North Coast Improvements, Mobile Audio Division. Sundown Audio Dealer Akron, OH. Need BNIB audio? PM me for details.





    By: N.G.U Graphics

  5. #20
    BlackMaxima's Avatar
    BlackMaxima is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    852
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The ultimate showdown

    Quote Originally Posted by hojna15 View Post
    This whole post is to help me decide what to buy for my car so that i can beat out my buddy and his girlfriends car. and the reason that its these subs and not those other brands is because i cant find those kind of subs (BTL vs DD9500 vs LMS-5400 or IDMAX vs FIQ vs SiMAG ) and also the reason its just those three, is cause they are the most popular ones, and for the cost of them they have great apperance, performance, and reputation.


    1) how much money you have to spend on a sub??
    2) what kind of a amp do you have and how much power does it put out??
    3) what kind of a sub + amps combo does you friend have
    4) is you friends girlfriends anything to look at??
    5) you wanna make your friends girlfriends get wet whan shes in your car???



    References: ME,







    Quote Originally Posted by CRAZYCORNUTS18 View Post
    the JL 500/1 is good and JL actually puts out like 185% so that would be good
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalohed View Post
    My mom is the ultimate SPL woofer.
    Cheapest too.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpom View Post
    i was wondering if this site was legit, im not sure if im allowed to post it or not so let me know if i can.
    (www.caraudio.com)

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dayton, OH™
    Posts
    15,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Re: The ultimate showdown

    Two Kenwoods????????



    Caraudio.com - Where the average member couldn't wire a SPST toggle if they had to.


    More proof.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_as View Post
    I need a program or something that will help me find mounting depth without having to build box and such...
    No, Andy, I'm sure the context is fine.

  7. #22
    lil azn 06's Avatar
    lil azn 06 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Houston Texas
    Age
    27
    Posts
    388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The ultimate showdown

    Quote Originally Posted by hojna15 View Post
    is cause they are the most popular ones, and for the cost of them they have great apperance, performance, and reputation.

    Why should you care if it is a popular brand? Who gives a **** if its a popular brand.

    If you want a popular brand and you want something to have great appearance i must say stick with Audiobahn. Everyone uneducated thinks they are the **** best and plus they have chrome flames on the side.


    Quote Originally Posted by BlackMaxima
    5) you wanna make your friends girlfriends get wet whan shes in your car???
    Best thing I've ever heard



    Alpine 9855
    JL 300/4
    JL 500/1
    Rainbow Profi 2 way active
    JL 12w6v2 ported

  8. #23
    ultimate157's Avatar
    ultimate157 is offline Engineering Student



    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Worcester, ma
    Posts
    7,249
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The ultimate showdown

    Quote Originally Posted by lil azn 06 View Post
    Why should you care if it is a popular brand? Who gives a **** if its a popular brand.

    If you want a popular brand and you want something to have great appearance i must say stick with Audiobahn. Everyone uneducated thinks they are the **** best and plus they have chrome flames on the side.
    If all you want is looks and a name, buy some audiobahns and reverse mount them.



    2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLI VR6
    Source: Pioneer 880 PRS *Active
    Tweeters: Soon to be Hat Imagine
    Midrange: Soon to be Hat Imagine
    Sub: 15" SSA Icon
    Box: 2.5^3 Sealed
    Amp: Soundstream Tarantula 2kW

    Feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278169

  9. #24
    lil azn 06's Avatar
    lil azn 06 is offline Senior VIP Member



    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Houston Texas
    Age
    27
    Posts
    388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The ultimate showdown

    Quote Originally Posted by ultimate157 View Post
    If all you want is looks and a name, buy some audiobahns and reverse mount them.
    lmao you should drop by Houston, and come to the car meets. People with Audiobahns and P1s thinking they got the best crap. Boss and Audiobahn amps are cool too I wish my amp had that much chrome



    Alpine 9855
    JL 300/4
    JL 500/1
    Rainbow Profi 2 way active
    JL 12w6v2 ported

  10. #25
    ultimate157's Avatar
    ultimate157 is offline Engineering Student



    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Worcester, ma
    Posts
    7,249
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The ultimate showdown

    Quote Originally Posted by lil azn 06 View Post
    lmao you should drop by Houston, and come to the car meets. People with Audiobahns and P1s thinking they got the best crap. Boss and Audiobahn amps are cool too I wish my amp had that much chrome
    Would be quite the trip out there...



    2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLI VR6
    Source: Pioneer 880 PRS *Active
    Tweeters: Soon to be Hat Imagine
    Midrange: Soon to be Hat Imagine
    Sub: 15" SSA Icon
    Box: 2.5^3 Sealed
    Amp: Soundstream Tarantula 2kW

    Feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278169

  11. #26
    hojna15's Avatar
    hojna15 is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The ultimate showdown

    first off, im not going with audiobahns sure their cool looking but over rated, my friends girlfriend has 2 12W7 hooked up to a 1000/1 amp, in a ported box, looks like 1.5ft3 per sub. mainly i just want to beat her out, cause she's one cocky lil s.o.b,
    next i have Two Kenwood KAC-9152D mono amps, that will prolly be wired to its own sub if i buy two, or i might just leave them as the mono drive setup and wire the two subs into them both. the amps put out 900 watts rms at 2 and 1 ohm, and 500 at 4 ohm, or if i leave them like they are in the mono drive setup then its 1800 rms watts at a 2 ohm load

    Im trying to stick with one of these three brands because i really like how they perform and sound, not many people in my town have these subs, they are sportin some pioneers, lightening audio, Rockford subs, PG.

    from the looks of the poll, it looks like Type R's would be better
    Last edited by hojna15; 04-24-2007 at 10:01 AM.



    Mobile Dynamics May 2007 Graduate
    2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    Kicker CVX 15" Dual 4 ohms
    2 x Kenwood 1800watt amp
    0Guage, Kenwood speakers
    Pioneer DVD head unit
    Livin Loud and GOINDEF

  12. #27
    hojna15's Avatar
    hojna15 is offline Senior VIP Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The ultimate showdown

    if those three brands arent the best choices, then what if i bought Two RE Audio SE 12" subs, and had them hooked up to my two Kenwood KAC-9152D amplifiers, would that hit pretty hard around 150 db.

    or what would your suggestion be on 2 12" subs that would get me around 150db with a ported box. i have about 350 max to spend on the subs together.



    Mobile Dynamics May 2007 Graduate
    2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    Kicker CVX 15" Dual 4 ohms
    2 x Kenwood 1800watt amp
    0Guage, Kenwood speakers
    Pioneer DVD head unit
    Livin Loud and GOINDEF

  13. #28
    Buffalohed's Avatar
    Buffalohed is offline Music Snob Extraordinare



    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The ultimate showdown

    My mom is the ultimate SPL woofer.

    Cheapest too.



    "The endeavor to understand is the first and only basis of virtue." - Spinoza

    “The mind can make a heaven out of hell or a hell out of heaven.” - Milton

    Kicker comps / Stereo Integrity subs / Sundown + Kicker amps / lots of room for improvement

  14. #29
    bose301s's Avatar
    bose301s is offline I can break these cuffs



    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Age
    28
    Posts
    5,974
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

    Re: The ultimate showdown

    Of ultimate destiny?




  15. #30
    Grinder1989's Avatar
    Grinder1989 is offline Sundown Audio Dealer



    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    5,730
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The ultimate showdown

    Quote Originally Posted by hojna15 View Post
    if those three brands arent the best choices, then what if i bought Two RE Audio SE 12" subs, and had them hooked up to my two Kenwood KAC-9152D amplifiers, would that hit pretty hard around 150 db.

    or what would your suggestion be on 2 12" subs that would get me around 150db with a ported box. i have about 350 max to spend on the subs together.
    Good luck topping 2 W7's with the 3 subs you picked out. Dude Just buy one big 12 and one big *** amp and be done with it.

    Grinder



    North Coast Improvements, Mobile Audio Division. Sundown Audio Dealer Akron, OH. Need BNIB audio? PM me for details.





    By: N.G.U Graphics

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum