Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Big noob question on Ohms, etc....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Big noob question on Ohms, etc....

I am a big noob when it comes to car audio, so I know many can answer this question easily. I am getting some FI BL's and was looking at what all you can include. First off, what exactly is the P-chamber??? Another big thing, what is the difference between the 1 Ohm and the 2 Ohm. I have actually wondered that for a while about many different subs. Lastly, what is flatwind and extreme lead? I don't want to make the wrong sub. I want lots of SPL, so much I am debating getting the daily driver. Either way, I am hooking it up to a bass control knob to turn down when I down want my head pounded around. However, this is a vehicle I will be driving almost daily. Anyway, any info on these would be great. Thank in advance....

PatFitz9 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Big noob question on Ohms, etc....

p chamfer - i believe it's a chamfer on the pole vent.

different ohms give you different loads for your amp. nothing really important, just different options.

flatwind - has to do with the wire wound on the coil. i think it gives you more power handling.

extreme lead - beefier tinsel leads

and the daily option does something with the tolerances, but i'm not sure what exactly is changed

refs...
    twoohfour, PRIVATEpastry, hellomota, DBfan187, etznova, iamamp3pimp, btnhfan, XylerB, Digital B, Showrides, Thunder9500, Termlab, fawd06, PepsiFiend69, bholtmeier, Megalomaniac, bjfish11, j3bus2k3, probmxstyle, brigante, massiveaudiocw, JoeHemi57, BigRed98Ram, inapontiac, CFaber, VarsityBumper, 3.5Max6spd, Geezerpoop, phatcat600, Pimpdaddyq, XaznKewLguyX, ABSOLUTEAUDIO, lslugz, mgbcs, TeZ, mazdakid, Reson8, LaserRed38

Beat_Dominator is offline Yea, thats Mecha Godzilla

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Big noob question on Ohms, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by TruckAudioMan View Post
    I am a big noob when it comes to car audio, so I know many can answer this question easily. I am getting some FI BL's and was looking at what all you can include. First off, what exactly is the P-chamber??? Another big thing, what is the difference between the 1 Ohm and the 2 Ohm. I have actually wondered that for a while about many different subs. Lastly, what is flatwind and extreme lead? I don't want to make the wrong sub. I want lots of SPL, so much I am debating getting the daily driver. Either way, I am hooking it up to a bass control knob to turn down when I down want my head pounded around. However, this is a vehicle I will be driving almost daily. Anyway, any info on these would be great. Thank in advance....
    You should go to the official Fi forum at www.teamssaudio.com most of the answers to your questions can be found there

Comming Spring 2009

I make rear-loaded, double crabshell, isobaric enclosures.

Closed Thread