Closed Thread

Reload Thread: kicker free air sub question...

bboixtc is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

kicker free air sub question...

no0b here in car audio... so bare with me. i'm not crazy about huge bass but i do want a bit of that kick.

I have a 4th gen prelude and i currently have a 10in MTX sledgehammer (SLHT5510A) with an audiobahn 4002T. It fits perfectly in my trunk. However, I am in need of some cash, I go back and forth from my school (NYIT) dorm to my home almost every weekend and in despirate need of the space in my trunk.

Recently I purchased 3 Kicker 6x9 free air subs (F69a) 150w or 200w at 8ohms. I'm not fully sure of the specs for any of my equiptment. I only plan on using one of the three kicker free air subs, and plan on putting it between my rear seats and replace the factory 6x9 subwoofer. I also have an a MTX RT2200X amp laying around.

My question is:

Which amp is better to power my kicker 6x9 free air sub?
    My MTX RT2200X which is laying around? or the audiobahn 4002t?
    Will any of those amps overpower, underpower, or be perfect for my kicker 6x9 free air sub?
    or..
    is there a better amp out there to match my 6x9 sub?

Also, I plan on selling the MTX sledgehammer (SLHT5510A) with one of the amps. I also plan on selling the other two kicker free air 6x9 sub.

I also forgot to mention that it is being hooked up to my Pioneer Premier 860MP head unit. if that matters at all.

nismos14 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)

Re: kicker free air sub question...

The mtx for sure, the audiobahn is blah. MTX is much better quality and those RT series were pretty powerful.

As far as overpowering and underpowering, set the gains properly and you should have no problem.

Car audio IS an addiction.
    C.A.A.A Member #1
    (Car Audio Addicts Anonymous)
    Refs http://www.caraudio.com/forums/buyer-seller-feedback/278560-nismos14-feedback-refs-thread.html

bboixtc is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: kicker free air sub question...

Well I changed out my audiobahn amp 4002T and put the MTX RT2200X to the sledgehammer, and it dosen't bump as hard as it did with the 4002T. I turned everything up on the RT2200X too.

Anyway, I should be good with the audiobahn to my kicker f69a's right? Because I don't know how to match it up. It's 150W @ 8hms. does that make a difference with what amp I put to it?

Closed Thread

User Tag List