0 Post(s)

Fi BTL v. BL. v. RE MT v. TC Sounds 5200

Has anyone heard any or all of these?
    What setups did you hear these in?
    Which one was loudest?
    Which had the best SQ?
    What amp was on the setup you heard?

Quote Originally Posted by Immacomputer View Post
    I feel guilty though as I think the cone looks awesome and I would totally fuсk an albino gator -- they're pretty ****.

Warbleed is offline @$$hole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Fi BTL v. BL. v. RE MT v. TC Sounds 5200

I'm curious why you are asking about the SQ of these speakers, given that you specifically asked for these models. Every single one of those drivers is without question an SPL driver, in a fairly extreme sense.

Do you really NEED an SPL driver? Bear in mind, short of serious SPL competition, these woofers are all very silly choices, as not one of them is anything spectacular for musical purposes, and especially in the case of the 5200, are incredibly expensive as well.

If you plan on listening to MUSIC, I would strongly suggest considering a more musically oriented driver from those manufacturers lines, such as the MX, BL, and 3000, respectively.

All 3 of those models can take quite a bit of power, but aren't full balls out SPL subs, meaning that they don't make as radical of sacrifices to the linearity of the driver for sheer powerhandling and motor strength. All 3 still handle considerable levels of power, and can get quite loud.

If you truly want to be an SPL competitor, then fine, go ahead and consider the 3 subs in your thread title, but I would strongly urge you to look at the drivers I mentioned above instead, if you have ANY other interest in mind.

Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few.
    - George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman (1903) "Maxims for Revolutionists"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

my guess would be that the op wants the mythical mysterious "sql sub"i question why they ask this because it will only be an opinion and most likely given by people who havent really herd them and will blurt out the one that they wish they could afford. My guess is that he will go with the BL...

Warbleed is offline @$$hole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WantedIsHere View Post
    my guess would be that the op wants the mythical mysterious "sql sub"i question why they ask this because it will only be an opinion and most likely given by people who havent really herd them and will blurt out the one that they wish they could afford. My guess is that he will go with the BL...
    I'd wager the BL would be a good fit for what I suspect he actually wants, the 3000 wouldn't be a bad pick either.

Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few.
    - George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman (1903) "Maxims for Revolutionists"

02parkave is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i would vote for the tc3000, but its still a VERY open question... Install will make or break the spl/sq...

Pl8er is offline Can you solve it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What kinda power? What kinda car? What size box can you fit? What type of electrical?

More info needed. Its like saying should I buy a helicopter or a space shuttle? Both are good choices, depending on what you are going to do.

NEVER buy from Dealer Cost Car Audio, ask me why

Rainbow SLC+Tru 4.65 + RF 3sixty.2 = yum.
    Quote Originally Posted by IamDeMan View Post
    Draw away. It has already been proven with math that you are wrong. I believe math is > paint last time I checked.
    "5 midgets spanking a naked man covered in thousand island dressing, is this love too?"

Quote Originally Posted by pitbull187 View Post
    FYI the blue wire was connected to something else. I know it was put in right b/c the guys at Circuit City put it in.
    "We never underestimate, the destructive power of change."

LiquidClen is offline The Coolest Kid in School

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Warbleed View Post
    I'm curious why you are asking about the SQ of these speakers, given that you specifically asked for these models. Every single one of those drivers is without question an SPL driver, in a fairly extreme sense.

Do you really NEED an SPL driver? Bear in mind, short of serious SPL competition, these woofers are all very silly choices, as not one of them is anything spectacular for musical purposes, and especially in the case of the 5200, are incredibly expensive as well.

If you plan on listening to MUSIC, I would strongly suggest considering a more musically oriented driver from those manufacturers lines, such as the MX, BL, and 3000, respectively.

All 3 of those models can take quite a bit of power, but aren't full balls out SPL subs, meaning that they don't make as radical of sacrifices to the linearity of the driver for sheer powerhandling and motor strength. All 3 still handle considerable levels of power, and can get quite loud.

If you truly want to be an SPL competitor, then fine, go ahead and consider the 3 subs in your thread title, but I would strongly urge you to look at the drivers I mentioned above instead, if you have ANY other interest in mind.
    I don't need an SPL driver, I would only use the sub for musical purposes 99% of the time. I was considering the BL, as I know it is supposed to be a little less SPL oriented (and I assumed more musical) than the BTL.

I feel guilty though as I think the cone looks awesome and I would totally fuсk an albino gator -- they're pretty ****.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WantedIsHere View Post
    Yes, I did want a good SQL sub. I've owned a Flatline in 1.5 cuft. box w/ 800w of power, but I felt like it should have been louder.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pl8er View Post
    What kinda power? What kinda car? What size box can you fit? What type of electrical?

More info needed. Its like saying should I buy a helicopter or a space shuttle? Both are good choices, depending on what you are going to do.
    I would probably pick up the Sundown 1500D or IA 20.1. Car is 05 Tacoma Access Cab. I can fit at the very most ~7 cubes. Stock electrical for now, plan on getting a Kinetik 2400 soon. My alt is I believe rated at 130 amps

btlking is offline Registered User

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pl8er View Post

the ultimate choice would have to be the space shuttle with a wall

Towncar is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidClen View Post
    I would probably pick up the Sundown 1500D or IA 20.1. Car is 05 Tacoma Access Cab. I can fit at the very most ~7 cubes. Stock electrical for now, plan on getting a Kinetik 2400 soon. My alt is I believe rated at 130 amps
    A much better choice for a musical setup would be the q, if you wanted to keep it fi. Some others include jbl gti, pg 12d elite, idmax,w7, ect.. Those would be better suited to your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Terranova View Post
    The gain is set around 750 right now. I need to get together with my buddy and plug his stethoscope in to set it to 1000.
    Quote Originally Posted by infamous_e46 View Post
    Start fcking one of the guys in the *** to make her jealous

audioholic is offline Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Wow for once a thread on this board where people aren't pretending those extreme SPL subs make great daily driver subs too, amazing. Careful Warbleed, you are making too much sense, you might get in trouble or something.

Even the manufacturers generally dont recommend running an MT/SoloX/etc in a daily driver setup. And the fact you are even asking about their sound quality features tells me you dont understand the subs you are asking about. Listen to Warbleed, he speaks the truth, there are better choices out there.

No speaker, in the history of speakers, has ever been blown by too little power. Ever. I don't care what your friend told you, he's a dirty liar.

alxmlr789 is offline 6>5

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Take a look at the HD315, i had a BL, and it didnt sound so swift, merely ok..

The HD315 gets loud, and get low as hell.. take a look at that

Bought: Tweet02 (x2), bjfish11, pboulos(x3), baseballer1100, ibanender, Duece212, gitusum, jmanjr, Dalucifer, KPR10is, Megalomaniac, oxsign, jmanpc, hoss, 2002xlt, mobeious
    Sold: Mike dressure, Dejawiz, Lax916, Calikid, 88irocZ, lammy, Oxsign, Jblanford, JohnnyBASS, Rocky 59, Megalomaniac, tRdoc, 350_regal, oxsign, sundownz, dont smoke crack, Good*bad*Ugly*, ryanroma, 96TL, VQ35max, Deuce212, darkist240sx, Jhughes, SPY, Gongos, 04silverz, SirJoseph8989, Theothermike (x2), sgdenny, mgbcs, uncfanforlife07, NMBR1SPT, Nukeitall (x2), glasjaw, NeedDirections
    Traded: Rtilaree, mike dressure, megalomaniac, wheeler

Feedback thread = http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224101

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who makes the HD315?

darren700 is offline got bu/\/\p?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidClen View Post
    Who makes the HD315?
    audioque makes the hd 315
    http://www.audioque.com/aq/HDSeries.htm

2009 GMC Sierra SLE Ext Cab
    Hu: Premier P690UB
    Front: CDT ES-6MO, DRT-26a, Upstage Tweeter, 560 Xover