User Tag List

Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Someone point me in the right direction?

T9X
    T9X is offline Best thang smokin'!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someone point me in the right direction?

I've been away from the car audio scene for a while and I'm just wondering whats new out there. I'm looking at swapping out my sub/amp for something a bit more powerful. I'm currently running 2 12" Eclipse Aluminum SW6124s sealed off of a Hifonics Brutus 1500D. Don't get me wrong, the Eclipses sound great but I've never had a SPL oriented system and tax money is coming. I'd like to stay under $500 for the speaker(s) and $250ish for a new amp. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should be looking at? Are the XXXs and RL-ps and Brahmas still God or is there something better for my money?

*Kari Sweets is teh h0t*

REFS -Lingerfelt, Jdm94Coupe, bonesninja, teamquakecelica, diminishedpower, VarsityBumper, Kali77, joeboxer5876, XplorerL7

Quote Originally Posted by Toasted1 View Post
    HAHA dude you have to realize this is CA.com all of our chicks look like **** stars Thankfully your chick has a decent body so you can kind of put aside the fact that it looks like she was mauled in the face by a pack of pitbulls.

leonsv is offline **DIABLO**

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Someone point me in the right direction?

Quote Originally Posted by T9X View Post
    I've been away from the car audio scene for a while and I'm just wondering whats new out there. I'm looking at swapping out my sub/amp for something a bit more powerful. I'm currently running 2 12" Eclipse Aluminum SW6124s sealed off of a Hifonics Brutus 1500D. Don't get me wrong, the Eclipses sound great but I've never had a SPL oriented system and tax money is coming. I'd like to stay under $500 for the speaker(s) and $250ish for a new amp. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should be looking at? Are the XXXs and RL-ps and Brahmas still God or is there something better for my money?
    welcome back

well... xxx are expensive as hel l now that re sold out to us amps (no more direct factory sales), rlps are still just as nice, and the new brahmas (mkIII - mkIV) had so much reliability and quality issues that they are not worth the gamble.

right now the forum boners are from fi car audio started by scott from re after the sell out. Also fi car audio partnered with ascendant audio so expect new ascendant stuff soon.

SUBS

as of now, fi btl, audioque hd3, massive dmx, rd audio, and new offerings from tc sounds are pretty popular.

AMPS

massive audio make some nice amps.... other than that, i can't think of anything new in that price range...

Car Audio Wisdom

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something"

"Silence is silver, but music is gold"

"those who think they know everything, annoy those of us that do"

"If you can't fix it with duct tape you have'nt used enough"

life wisdom.... "food is tasty thus I like food"

Closed Thread