Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Alpine's new "R" Type Sub

Unregistered Guest

Alpine's new "R" Type Sub

hey all, I have noticed on a couple web sites, some net retailers are starting to list the new Alpine R type subs, namely the SWR-1021D, SWR-1221D, SWR-1241D, SWR-1521D, and the SWR-1541D. I checked Alpine's home page, and I could not find any specs. Has anyone seens the stats for these yet? are they better rated then last years R series? anyone got the dirt on em?

jrmax is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    WTF a new type R i ordered mine and when i install them they will be obsolite **** it well what is going to change?

Unregistered Guest

that's what I am wondering. I was all set to order a couple R's off www.onlinecarstereo.com and now that I am getting off my a** to place the order, it now shows all the new models in the price list as available to purchase, but with no pics or stats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it is 10 dollars cheaper?

Unregistered Guest

I just called onlinecarstereo. The sales lady I talked to didn't have clue 1 about anything they sold, didn't even know what was on their web site, didn't know anything about the new subs, all she told me was that they were the same thing, except now grey, and a different part number (bah). I wouldn't suggest ordering from that web site. they had no knowledge of the products they were selling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ya well at carstereotime.com i ordered my 2 type R's and one came in about 3 weeks later with a 6 inch hole and all was well til this cuz then their customer service ****** **** now i finally got it sent back to their store to have it looked at and replaced i will be suprised if they dont try and screw me. Plus i am waiting on my deck that hasnt arrived in 5 weeks off ebay. But we had words and i think i motivated them!

taylor is offline THUNDER TUNES IS A FLAMER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    the new type r's come with dual 4ohm coils or dual 2 ohm coils, thats the only difference no more SVC.

Unregistered Guest

yup, I talked to onlinecarstereo twice. they **** the big one. I was trying to drag some info out of them about MTX amps. and found out that they are not a authorized reseller of MTX, and their amps do not come with power certificates. who knows what back alley van they bought them out of. my advice stay way away from them. I also tried Buyloud.com emailed them, no answer, and tried all they options on their automated line. all busy signals. probably one guy running the whole place. another one to avoid.

Closed Thread