Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Inverted sub Phase?

Savant is offline Duke of DOH!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon32 Inverted sub Phase?

If I invert a sub, should I change the phase on it so it's moving the same direction as the other subs when they are going that way? or is that not what changing phase is about..

I have 2 10"s.. both currently in boxes the same way (sepperate boxes). But, I think something fell in one of the groves/gaps/channels at the dust cap of one of them.. So, I was thinking that if I inverted the sub for a while (a day or so) and ran it at normal volumes (what I listen to now) it might shake it out.. but, if the one sub is inverted, should it be out of phase, meaning, should I change the phase so the inverted is moving into the cabin at the same time as the other 10", or is the intent of the speaker moving 'forward' what matters and I should leave it wired + to +...?

Any info would be helpful

(1) Alpine CDA 7892 HU ($214)
    (2) 12" Pioneer Premier 1241DVCs in sealed MDF box (gonna glass them eventually) ($69 each)
    ->removing.. ->(2) 10" Pioneer Premier 1041DVC's in sealed MDF box (gonna glass them eventually) ($59 each)
    (2) Lanzar Vibe248 1200 watt 2 chnl amps ($119 each)

It's bump'n GOOD!

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make a moron understand...

FAM4LIFE is offline SHILOH BOY

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got the same problem. However I was think of putting piece of sound dampening material on it. Subs pounds but that dust cap is so irritating.

bass_mekanik is offline i got 0.5 2 go til 145dbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    if you invert a sub the best way is to simply just hook the terminals on the sub up + to - and - to + simple

Alpine 7892 Deck will get converted to am mp3 deck one day

Apline DLC-176A splits

Alpine MRD-M1000 sub amp i want 3 more

Alpine MRV-T320 Split amp

Alpine SWS-1241 woofers X2 they are mums i have better subs in store

144.5 Db's worth on a linear X with mummys subs sealed wait till i port them and unleash the fury

7 Months and 2 jobs later i am back louder smarter and alot poorer so watch yo asses cause i am back

The aussie rice boi Slammed pulsar on 18's and tyres that are as thick as a condom :P

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Re: Inverted sub Phase?

Originally posted by Savant
    If I invert a sub, should I change the phase on it so it's moving the same direction as the other subs when they are going that way? or is that not what changing phase is about..

I have 2 10"s.. both currently in boxes the same way (sepperate boxes). But, I think something fell in one of the groves/gaps/channels at the dust cap of one of them.. So, I was thinking that if I inverted the sub for a while (a day or so) and ran it at normal volumes (what I listen to now) it might shake it out.. but, if the one sub is inverted, should it be out of phase, meaning, should I change the phase so the inverted is moving into the cabin at the same time as the other 10", or is the intent of the speaker moving 'forward' what matters and I should leave it wired + to +...?

Any info would be helpful

in one word yes switch the + and - or there will be cancelation

Savant is offline Duke of DOH!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Re: Inverted sub Phase?

Originally posted by Goddyd4me

in one word yes switch the + and - or there will be cancelation
    That's what I was looking for.. wasn't sure if it would matter or not since they are in different boxes, but I thought the waves would be flowing in different patterns and might interfere further out in the cabin.. just wanted confirmation

Thanks

(1) Alpine CDA 7892 HU ($214)
    (2) 12" Pioneer Premier 1241DVCs in sealed MDF box (gonna glass them eventually) ($69 each)
    ->removing.. ->(2) 10" Pioneer Premier 1041DVC's in sealed MDF box (gonna glass them eventually) ($59 each)
    (2) Lanzar Vibe248 1200 watt 2 chnl amps ($119 each)

It's bump'n GOOD!

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make a moron understand...

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Closed Thread