Closed Thread

Reload Thread: funky noise outta my IDQ

budahbuddy803 is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

funky noise outta my IDQ

Today when i got in my car i was waiting on my friend and i turned my car to acc and i was running my sub with music like 12/62 on my HU and there was a different noise like coils were rubbing but not really that bad. It is really hard to explain but i could just tell it was different and it didnt sound good. I have gain like 3/4 on my amp i have the sub level on +4 @80hz and everything else is set flat. I cranked up my car and it seemed to disipate(sp) so i turn the sub level down to 0 and its a pretty big drop but is beautiful. Is it bad to have the sub level on my HU to +4/+6?

James Bang is offline Hand/Ear Coordination

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: funky noise outta my IDQ

Quote Originally Posted by budahbuddy803 View Post
    Today when i got in my car i was waiting on my friend and i turned my car to acc and i was running my sub with music like 12/62 on my HU and there was a different noise like coils were rubbing but not really that bad. It is really hard to explain but i could just tell it was different and it didnt sound good. I have gain like 3/4 on my amp i have the sub level on +4 @80hz and everything else is set flat. I cranked up my car and it seemed to disipate(sp) so i turn the sub level down to 0 and its a pretty big drop but is beautiful. Is it bad to have the sub level on my HU to +4/+6?
    that might be your prob.

b0b
    b0b is offline straight up chillin

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: funky noise outta my IDQ

sounds like you are clipping your signal. turn your gains way down, and adjust slowly from there.

-05 Mazda 3s Silver
    -Alpine CDA-9857
    -Rainbow SLC-265 Kick
    -dB-500

Closed Thread