HectorZ is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

25,000 watt 50" wewphur

heheeh I dont own one you big silly billy !!

but why doesnt someone just strap a 70 lb magnet to 50 inches of stuff and win the SPL tournaments ?

Maybe I don't know much about physics but I think that would be totally sweet !

ODELE !! http://www.inandout.com

1989 BMW 750iL

Deck: Nakamichi MB100
    Front: Rainbow Professional CS 365 P3 3-Way Components
    Rear: JL XR650 CSi Components
    AMPS: 2 JL 300/2 1 JL 500/1
    Sub: Adire Audio Brahma 10

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im going w/ the last part.........alot more to it than just straping a magnet to some stuff......

Alphafrog1 is offline PURDUE!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: 25,000 watt 50" wewphur

Originally posted by HectorZ
    heheeh I dont own one you big silly billy !!

but why doesnt someone just strap a 70 lb magnet to 50 inches of stuff and win the SPL tournaments ?

Maybe I don't know much about physics but I think that would be totally sweet !
    even with that it wouldn't hit as high as you think... A single large woofer won't get as loud as can many 15" ones. That is why you don't ever see them in competitions. If they would win, then people would use them.

In the process of building an enclosure for 2 12" Magnum D2's... should be fun :thumbsup

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep look at the audiobahn 34" woofer does it hold any world records i dont' think it does anyway. most common top end SPL vehicles use an array of 15"s with many and i mean MANY amps and all that good stuff. besides, someone already made a 48" woofer with 4gauge power wire as the speaker wire, i'm sure someone will post the pic on here i don't have it.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

Alphafrog1 is offline PURDUE!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by bumpin_blazer
    yep look at the audiobahn 34" woofer does it hold any world records i dont' think it does anyway. most common top end SPL vehicles use an array of 15"s with many and i mean MANY amps and all that good stuff. besides, someone already made a 48" woofer with 4gauge power wire as the speaker wire, i'm sure someone will post the pic on here i don't have it.

adam
    yeah if that is the one that i am thinking of, then they took the whole van just for that one large woofer, and it only hit 150-some... if i remember correctly. Whereas a van with many 15" subs can get 175.

In the process of building an enclosure for 2 12" Magnum D2's... should be fun :thumbsup

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hell there's a guy from oklahoma can't remember his name that is on kicker's team. he run's 4 solo X's with 64kwrms of power did like a 173 or 175 i think. it's on db drags website.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"

QuadPioneer is offline Spinnin' Tracks on Flat

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well correct me if im wrong, but subwoofers are all to do with resonation. First off 'loudness' in DB is achieved through mainly two things. Cone size 8,10,12,15,18 etc. As well as 'throw' which is the cones movement or excursion in both directions. Now playing 40hz with a 50" sub in a box designed to resonate at 40hz is going to be most likely quite loud however, getting enough power rated in watts to move that puppy is gonna be hard. Top Exursion even with over 1000 watts is going to be minimal im guessing. Where as a 12" sub has something like 1/20 the cone area. However its max excursion is going to be much greaten than that of the 50" sub. (relative in the same box tuned to 40hz.)

So basically reasons why it wouldn't be amazingly loud, first off too much cone area, too much air to move, not enough excursion, but it would be really really deep bass

Oh yeah. The larger the throw a subwoofer has, the larger the amplitude of the wavelength. Which i believe simulates 'loudness'

Tim
    Grade 12 physics student lol I sleep a lot in class so correct me if im wrong lol

BonusBobo is offline Lightweight Sesh

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by QuadPioneer
    So basically reasons why it wouldn't be amazingly loud, first off too much cone area, too much air to move, not enough excursion, but it would be really really deep bass

Tim
    Grade 12 physics student lol I sleep a lot in class so correct me if im wrong lol
    You're pretty much right on the money.

-Grade 11 physics and calculus student who doesn't sleep in class.

-AJ

AIM: AJR775
    My CarDomain
    [email protected]

QuadPioneer is offline Spinnin' Tracks on Flat

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't sleep in class but i got this teacher with a really strong english accent and its just hurt to hear his voice
    Plus i just read the text book

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is MUCH MUCH MUCH more to do with how "loud" a driver gets than just simply the excursion. you have to look at the guts of the thing to really know how well it will perform along with t/s perameters. now yes it is true a woofer with a larger cone of like 48" like that one has will have an extremly low efficiency compared to a very efficience woofer of say 10",12", or 15". cone size has relatively nothing to do with how loud as in db a sub can get depending on the build and make-up of it. take nathonn munson and his civic for example he hit a higher db than that of people with 5 15"s. there is MUCH more in how much db your car will produce other than sheer cone area and power going into the thing. the best example i have is of the Power Accoustic Mojo, that thing is a beast but it takes some SEIOURS power to work it to it's potential due to the fact of how inefficient it is. with all that said i have one simple question for quad pioneer and bonusbobo, what does it matter what grade your in and what classes you take??

adam

jester73440 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You talking about Richard Clarks sub? Its 60" here is a few picture
    http://www.angelfire.com/empire2/jes...chardclark.htm

Set up
    [I] H/U Pioneer 730p
    Kenwood KFC-6909 all around 6X9s
    Kenwood KFC-T204 Tweeters
    Phoenix Gold 350zx 100WX2@ 4ohms
    Kenwood KFC-927 100Wx2 @ 4ohms
    Harrisonlabs AE800.2 800Wx1 @2ohms
    Sub:Audiobahn I know I'll get me a real sub someday

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by bumpin_blazer
    cone size has relatively nothing to do with how loud as in db a sub can get depending on the build and make-up of it

adam
    so you're saying a cone that pushes more air may be quieter than a cone does pushes half as much, depending on the "build and make-up of it"? Hm... Pushing air = pressure = loudness. Hm... Pushing less air = less pressure = less loudness...

Am I way off? How about a third opinion?

-AJ

My CarDomain
    [email protected]

taylor is offline THUNDER TUNES IS A FLAMER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well like blazer said, look at nate munson, 169.8 with a single 10 dd...box design plays a huge part....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by taylor
    well like blazer said, look at nate munson, 169.8 with a single 10 dd...box design plays a huge part....
    of course it does, without a doubt. But what I'm saying is, a 10 with higher excursion than that single 10 DD would be louder, wouldn't it? Assuming the box and everything were not mechanically hurting the driver or hindering its sound.

-AJ

My CarDomain
    [email protected]

taylor is offline THUNDER TUNES IS A FLAMER

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my guess would be yes....supose both were made for the same box with same space requirements but one had higher excursion i suppose it would be a bit louder....with the same power too....,

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast