Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Opinion on which setup to buy?!?!

1QuikS4 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Icon32 Opinion on which setup to buy?!?!

Going to buy a system, money is not an issue, but i am trying to keep a budget of $1500 for sub/amp. I have 3 ideas, just wondering which you would choose, assuming i am going for a good mix of SPL/SQ(more SPL) and all are going to be powered to at least their RMS. These will be going in a sealed box in an Audi trunk.

1. 1 RE XXX or Brahma(not sure which one) most probably a 12", might try a 15". And with one of those i would get a great amp....Soundstream Tarantula, etc.

2. All Soundstream hardware, 3 12" tarantula series subs, and a couple amps that match the series.

3. All Phoenix Gold hardware, 3 12" XMAX subs(i know a lot of people don't like these, but i already have one from an old setup, so this would be the cheapest way to go) and a couple PG Ti amps to go with those.

So what would you choose? Would the single XXX or Brahma be louder SPL wise than 3 12"s? My single PG XMAX 12 was loud IMO, it outdid any of my friends with multiple subs, so i can't even imagine a speaker that is louder than that, and i know there are many.

Big-Cat is offline Registered User

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i've got a XXX 12 with a jbl 1200.1 and it out performs my friend's 2 flame audiobahns with the same amp. i don't think the XXX would be louder than the 3 12's, but it satisfies me...my friends can hear me for blocks, if that's what you're looking for. i pull up to my house and the glasses start shaking in the cabinets...just thought you might wanna know that

MikeofTulsa is offline The one and Only!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    215 Post(s)
    i'd say system in my sig...heh......in all reality....option 1

Closed Thread

User Tag List