Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need Advice On Speakers For 2000 Camry

chinsk is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Need Advice On Speakers For 2000 Camry

I am going to be getting a 2000 Camry some time soon and would like advice on speakers. I currently have a 1993 Explorer with 4 Infinity Reference Series 5x7s in there powered off a Sony CDX-C5000X Head Unit and a RF Punch HE 10 sealed powered by a Sony 150x2 Xplod Amp (This will get comments but ya know what, it works great). I am looking for something where the sound quality will be equivalent to or better for a relatively cheap and reasonable price. The Camry has 6.75's in the front with I think are about 1 inch tweeters and 6x9s (yuck) in the back. I would like some suggestions for speakers and a head unit. This is a pretty popular car so I would think someone on here has experience with intalls on these. Let me know, thanks

Rockman is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a Solara. I put Infinity Kappa Components in the front and just left the stock 6x9's in the rear.

Myself I have a Clarion DXZ825 for the HU. If you run infinity make sure you get an amp to run them cause they are a little flat if just trying to run HU power to them..

Car 99 Toyota Solara SLE V6

HU Clarion DXZ835MP
    Front Speakers Infinity 6 1/2 Kappas
    Front Amp Crutchfield CR4X50
    Subs Kicker 12L7's
    Harrison Fmods
    Sub Amp PPI PC 2600's

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Rockman
    I have a Solara. I put Infinity Kappa Components in the front and just left the stock 6x9's in the rear.

Myself I have a Clarion DXZ825 for the HU. If you run infinity make sure you get an amp to run them cause they are a little flat if just trying to run HU power to them..
    You have a model number for those Kappa's and a price by any chance?

jjoven1225 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by chinsk
    You have a model number for those Kappa's and a price by any chance?
    2000 camry.. i believe that need 6.5 components in the front and 6x9 in the back.. i would put 6 1/2 components infinity kappa60.5cs($165 shipped) or even better infinity kappa perfect 6.1 ($269 shipped) in the front.. and infinity kappa 50.5cs($159 shipped) in the back at ikesound.com
    and put a good amp like rockford 400.4 ($147+shipping) thezeb.com

Lexus IS300

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another issue I was wondering about was the sub. I plan to keep the Punch HE I had in the Ex and move it to the trunk of the camry. Since the trunk is sealed from the rest of the car I suspect it will not sound the same. I liked the fill the sub had in the explorer and would like to maintain that for the camry. Here is what I was thinking about. Screw 6x9's in the back, I was thinking of maybe 6.5 coaxials mouted with an adapter plate, and the extra hole space left by the 6x9s will be used to create a port to the trunk of some kind. Is this a good idea?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Also, I haven't torn a Camry apart before and I don't have the car in front of me so I got a few questions regarding the layout of the car. As far as wiring goes, are the speakers powered by an external amp or is the amp internal to the stock headunit? What would you guys recommend as far as 1) running wires from a 4 channel amp in the trunk to the front and rear speakers (obviously the rear deck is easy) 2) running power/rca's to the trunk 3) what is the current rating of the alternator. Thansk for the help guys, I am trying to get everything planned out before I get the car.

Closed Thread