Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Reload Thread: What is going on with my sub?

MikeyB is offline CarAudio.com Addict

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: What is going on with my sub?

Quote Originally Posted by pwuthedon View Post
    yea, i just read his comment and posted, then read that a page and a half of people bashed hime already, it happens
    I know

Refs- hessdawg, Pepsifiend69, iltoivfe, ownage9, lifted95blaze, Buckshot, da box king, Po.Sic, baseballer1100, vetkilr, dkguitarist, Queball, qtipextra, LaserRed38, 350_regal, RidnClean, BushJ311 and a bunch more...

pwuthedon is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NoviceGuru View Post
    im not trying to lessen my shame but your a *******. there is no way you would make a post like that with out reading what everyone already said.
    edited

obviously you havent been here long, i know what happens to people like you, who make comments like that, it happens on every forum, did you get your computer as an early christmas gift?

references-ugmoe2000, iceteebone, Big Schill9, teamspl bank,SUB_URBAN, Vetkilr
    ebay-pwuthedon

2 more lanzar 4000d's (for sale)
    2 Digital Designs Z1's
    Ohio Generator Alt
    2 DD 9512's

Im not loud at all

a 15'' sub has roughly twice as much cone area as a 12'' sub

Immacomputer is offline Cloud disappear

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmanpc View Post
    But to the OP... the 15" CVR is hitting deeper than 2 12" L7s because 15's have lots of cone area and can really move the air to have a deeper sounding bass. That, and L7's aren't known for having the deepest hitting bass out there. They usually peak in the 40's
    It has a lot to do with the enclosures too. If the enclosure for the l7s was a prefab, then it was probably tuned to about 40hz with very little port area and only 1.5 cubes per 12. That's not much room at all and tuned way too high to get anything low out of them.

Video 1
    I may make you feel but I can't make you think.
    Your sperm's in the gutter -- your love's in the sink.
    Video 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

im not trying to lessen my shame but your a *******. there is know way you would make a post like that with out reading what everyone already said.

but so far i feel that i have been semi proven wrong. i have been looking and only found that underpowering a sub well only blow if you have the amp pushed to hard. hence clipping it and causing damage.

im sorry i caused such a riot. i should have gone over my research before saying it rather then trying to remember it.
    It fine, if thats what you thought was right then you were only trying to help inform everyone else as well. But as long as you can admit you could be wrong then your with me.

Refs- hessdawg, Pepsifiend69, iltoivfe, ownage9, lifted95blaze, Buckshot, da box king, Po.Sic, baseballer1100, vetkilr, dkguitarist, Queball, qtipextra, LaserRed38, 350_regal, RidnClean, BushJ311 and a bunch more...

NoviceGuru is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pwuthedon View Post
    edited

obviously you havent been here long, i know what happens to people like you, who make comments like that, it happens on every forum, did you get your computer as an early christmas gift?
    are you trying to make a point with that comment or is it pointless rambling.

are you trying to sympathize now or are you insulting me more? or just trying to sound cool?

(not to mention you "claim" to have not read everything? well if that is true then your no worse then i am. you saw half the information and made a conclussion and then tried to take a stab at me. i did the same thing. i read half of something and made a conclussion and took a stab at trying to help someone. my topic was just more touchy on this forum. and another difference is that my post was trying to help someone, prick.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon6 Re: What is going on with my sub?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyB View Post
    It fine, if thats what you thought was right then you were only trying to help inform everyone else as well. But as long as you can admit you could be wrong then your with me.
    thank you

pwuthedon is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

are you trying to make a point with that comment or is it pointless rambling.

are you trying to sympathize now or are you insulting me more? or just trying to sound cool?

(not to mention you "claim" to have not read everything? well if that is true then your no worse then i am. you saw half the information and made a conclussion and then tried to take a stab at me. i did the same thing. i read half of something and made a conclussion and took a stab at trying to help someone. my topic was just more touchy on this forum. and another difference is that my post was trying to help someone, prick.)
    no i saw what you posted and then i responded to you, kthxbye

references-ugmoe2000, iceteebone, Big Schill9, teamspl bank,SUB_URBAN, Vetkilr
    ebay-pwuthedon

2 more lanzar 4000d's (for sale)
    2 Digital Designs Z1's
    Ohio Generator Alt
    2 DD 9512's

Im not loud at all

a 15'' sub has roughly twice as much cone area as a 12'' sub

kballa422 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

im not trying to lessen my shame but your a *******. there is know way you would make a post like that with out reading what everyone already said.

but so far i feel that i have been semi proven wrong. i have been looking and only found that underpowering a sub well only blow if you have the amp pushed to hard. hence clipping it and causing damage.

im sorry i caused such a riot. i should have gone over my research before saying it rather then trying to remember it.
    You have been proven semi-wrong?! You have been proven completely wrong. Dude, its ok, you were misinformed and made an idiotic post. Now learn from it and actually learn the truth of the matter, underpowering a sub WILL NOT blow the sub.

You just said if the amp is pushed too hard hence clipping, meaning it is sending out more power, unclean power, so its not the underpowering that will blow the sub, its the additional power thats not clean (clipped).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kballa422 View Post
    You have been proven semi-wrong?! You have been proven completely wrong. Dude, its ok, you were misinformed and made an idiotic post. Now learn from it and actually learn the truth of the matter, underpowering a sub WILL NOT blow the sub.

You just said if the amp is pushed too hard hence clipping, meaning it is sending out more power, unclean power, so its not the underpowering that will blow the sub, its the additional power thats not clean (clipped).
    i said semi because it IS possible to blow a sub with an under powered amp. and i said nothing about perfect clean signal. my original comment very much simple. calm down

i know i was wrong by saying that is would cause over heating and burning up the coil by it. but my comment wasn't coming completely out of the blue.

i admidted i was wrong get over it. stop trying to hope on a train that has left the station bro. this thread is dead

IMXELITE is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well the box wasn't a pre-fab it was custom ported to around 32-35hz. It was built to kickers specs for deep bass. The jbl 1200.1 amp I read was 1200 rms, so how would I be underpowering it by that much since both subs equal 1400 rms, and me giving it 1200 rms( Even heard the jbl amps are underrated). The box was about 3-4 cubes so it wasn't small. I checked the wiring and the subs were seeing 1 ohm from the amp. I've been feeding these subs this power for over 3 years and they finally blew last month, so I'm not disappointed in them they lasted a while.

Refs:
    disturbedfuel15

Headunit: Eclipse AVN5510
    Front Stage: Hertz Hi-Energy HSK 165 6.5 Components
    Rear Stage: CDT Audio CL-62
    Amps: JBL 80.4 & JBL 1200.1
    Sub: Kicker CVR 15" (Looking to upgrade)
    http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f116/imxelite/79598453_250254290_0.jpg

kballa422 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i said semi because it IS possible to blow a sub with an under powered amp. and i said nothing about perfect clean signal. my original comment very much simple. calm down

i know i was wrong by saying that is would cause over heating and burning up the coil by it. but my comment wasn't coming completely out of the blue.

i admidted i was wrong get over it. stop trying to hope on a train that has left the station bro. this thread is dead
    Ok i see what your saying now, I didnt know you meant with an underpowered amp, i thought u still meant just by simply underpowering it. Calm now

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

a 15'' sub has roughly twice as much cone area as a 12'' sub does.

so i think that you were better powering the same amount of cone.

but that is my guess and there could be a number of things

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IMXELITE View Post
    Well the box wasn't a pre-fab it was custom ported to around 32-35hz. It was built to kickers specs for deep bass. The jbl 1200.1 amp I read was 1200 rms, so how would I be underpowering it by that much since both subs equal 1400 rms, and me giving it 1200 rms( Even heard the jbl amps are underrated). The box was about 3-4 cubes so it wasn't small. I checked the wiring and the subs were seeing 1 ohm from the amp. I've been feeding these subs this power for over 3 years and they finally blew last month, so I'm not disappointed in them they lasted a while.
    Well if they were getting that power in the right box I would expect them to last a looonnggg time, atleast if they were mine. Something was ****ed in your setup, most likely the settings on the amp or the quality of the custom box they were in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

:*******: :*******: :*******:
    Quote Originally Posted by kballa422 View Post
    Ok i see what your saying now, I didnt know you meant with an underpowered amp, i thought u still meant just by simply underpowering it. Calm now
    :*******: :*******: :*******: well here is a gift of good will. truce

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A 15 has roughly 176sq.in of area and a 12 has 113.

So thats 176 vs. 226, 12's win.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast