Closed Thread

Reload Thread: L7 15" or a Shocker 15"??

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

L7 15" or a Shocker 15"??

what would you guys take for a daily/comp subwoofer?? oh they would be ran off a single D300hc so roughly 1750rms to the sub at 2ohm mono. lemme know what ya think and why.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

LoneRanger is offline Old Yamahas Give Me Wood

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    shocker ex2 is way louder, better built and will take that sorta power all day long with no problems. They're both really loud subs, but I'd have to give shocker the edge on this one.

"There is no 'I' in Tag Team"

Project 'rex: Coming Soon to An Eardrum Near You

dbhittin is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ive never tried or heard a shocker, but i would still take that over L7 anyday. Talk to audiolife. He ran a pair of those i think

RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Shocker all tha way...

Semi Retired SPL Master
    Review Commitee Organizer
    Team CarAudio.com Captain

147.3 Termlab

Stereo Integrity/Memphis/Pioneer/Optima/JL

2003 NSPL Regular Cab Record Holder

Big Thanks to Loyd Lowry and Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Originally posted by ThunderTunes
    you gotta post something, cause what does that mean?

oh for daily driving I would need to hear them head to head to really tell ya, seperate I can tell ya about competitions but daily driving I need to really hear both subs and get a good feel for them at that moment to see how I would deal with each sub as a daily

CarAudio.com mod(original)

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah that is what i was thinking as far as SPL goes shocker will rip the L7 a new one. i have the L7 being given to me prolly tomorrow i traded it for a single DD3515 so i'm happy with that trade. so which shocker would you recommend that is not horribly expensive??

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

Closed Thread