Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Blew my 12's need advice on 10's.

OldManTod is offline Grilling is my Passion!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Blew my 12's need advice on 10's.

Hey Everybody, it has been a while since I have been here:

"Hello OldManTod it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?"

So I am back asking for advice.

I have a pair of 12's I got from somebody here two years ago and I have finally shredded one of them (RF HX2's running off a KX1200.1), one of them is not moving up and down (it feels like the other one is helping it move when bass hits).

Anyway, I am looking for two pieces of advice based upon the type of music and car I drive. I like rock and metal music (Disturbed, Metallica, Godsmack, Tool, etc.) so I am looking for tight bass, I drive a Durango and will be building an enclosure for whatever it is that I get.

My questions are: Should I go with a single or dual subs on that amp and on top of that with how tight I want to go, should I get a 10 or stick with 12's???

Thanks in advance, I will start searching threads that are already open.

- T

Originally Posted by OdieTRP
    "Metallica + booze + youth = some of the best music ever
    Metallica + sobriety + age = terrible music"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Blew my 12's need advice on 10's.

How about a pair of 18s Thats what I run in my Rango... the bass is plenty tight for rock.

On a serious note though, I'd go with 12s if I were you. If you go ported, make sure you have plenty of space between the port and the back of the vehicle if you face the ports back. I found that 6 inches between the port and the back of the vehicle wasn't enough with a 12 inch Avalanche and 2 4 inch ports. I like to face the ports straight up, so far, I've had the best results that way.

Refs:
    Bought. Team H&K (x1), scottiej (x3), JohnnyCuttz (x1), Kevokrook77 (x1), AudioBliss84 (x1), azngotskills (x1), AudioXtremes (x2), tukn18s (x1), RyanM923 (x1), TheMommyVan (x1), sqhertz (x1), HawaiianBassHed (x1), xplicitACTS (x1), Toxic Tuan (x2), DeViOuSoNe (x1), X5ballin (x1), Korn4Life (x1), Colt9699 (x1), lil_italy773 (x1), bk12321 (x1), matthewo (x1).

Sold. IonSql (x1), cd6551 (x1).

OldManTod is offline Grilling is my Passion!!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I concur on the ports... I actually have a box that is slot ported, not sure of the tuning, but I do fire upwards and I get the best sound...

I am going to be building the box to fire up at an angle towards the window and an amp rack to the left of the box with the kickers standing lengthwise....

I am really torn with going back to 12's on that amp again...

- T

Originally Posted by OdieTRP
    "Metallica + booze + youth = some of the best music ever
    Metallica + sobriety + age = terrible music"

Dynamo8706 is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hell yea up is the best i think.... i got my 12 cvx ported facing up in the back seat of my ext cab f-150 and she bangs haha...... besides, thats the only way it would fit

A mad man walks into his psychiatrists office buck naked and yells at him..... "So you think I'm crazy AY!!!" .... And the Dr. says no..... but i can clearly see you're NUTZ!!!!

HU: JVC KD-LH3150
    Amp: 1200D X-file Audio
    Sub: 12" Kicker CVX 2Ohm DVC wired @ 1 ohm
    Mids: Kenwood KFC-6879ie

Closed Thread

User Tag List