User Tag List

Closed Thread

Reload Thread: New to caraudio...need advice on subs.

reyesnation is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Icon10 New to caraudio...need advice on subs.

Wuttup guys n gals;

Just became a new member of this site and wonderin' if I can get some advice?

I just finished rebuilding my 86' Jaguar from the ground up and have installed an all Infinity sound system: 4 Infinity 50.7cs components on all 4 door panels, and I made two openings on the rear deck for 2 Infinity Kappa's 693.7i (6x90. All 6 speakers are powered by two hifonics amplifires... anyway; the 6x9's hit so **** low that some people think i have subs in the back. I dont

So... I was thinking of placing a 15' subwoofer in the trunk. Dont want to go all out crazy with bass, but you know, have something to bump to that can be felt in the gut. so what do you guys think? I thought of going with a Rockford Fosgate T215D2, which i can get for under $400, or do you guys recommend anything else? I did think of going with some Infinity subs, but I dont know... What do you guys think? Also, Im planning to go with a nice Fiber glass setup, or should I go with a plain O' box?

Also, what does SPL or SQ stand for?

Last edited by reyesnation; 11-17-2006 at 01:40 PM.

reneeb7363 is offline She-Nay-Nay

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: New to caraudio...need advice on subs.

please read this first:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63434

nuff said

ya'all are like a bunch of little girls gathered around the gossip circle - unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by LoudCrownVic View Post
    I wasn't going to say anything... He seems to have enough trouble validating his manhood as it is, no point in making him cry.
    refs: jmanpc, MikeOfTulsa, 97Cavy, seagrasser, ( and 2 other purchases but I can't remember their user names --pm me if we have done business before) + 100% e-bay feedback
    kasimo420 BAD Seller!

luvinthebass is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reyesnation View Post
    Wuttup guys n gals;

Just became a new member of this site and wonderin' if I can get some advice?

I just finished rebuilding my 86' Jaguar from the ground up and have installed an all Infinity sound system: 4 Infinity 50.7cs components on all 4 door panels, and I made two openings on the rear deck for 2 Infinity Kappa's 693.7i (6x90. All 6 speakers are powered by two hifonics amplifires... anyway; the 6x9's hit so **** low that some people think i have subs in the back. I dont

So... I was thinking of placing a 15' subwoofer in the trunk. Dont want to go all out crazy with bass, but you know, have something to bump to that can be felt in the gut. so what do you guys think? I thought of going with a Rockford Fosgate T215D2, which i can get for under $400, or do you guys recommend anything else? I did think of going with some Infinity subs, but I dont know... What do you guys think? Also, Im planning to go with a nice Fiber glass setup, or should I go with a plain O' box?

SPL is Sound Pressure Level meaning how loud you can get
    SQ is sound quality of the bass and sub

Fosgate makes decent products, i loved their 05 amps, i've only used their Punch subs and not the Power series, 1 15 should do ya, what kind of music do you usually listen to? that usually decides what enclosure you prolly want

reyesnation is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet.

Thanx alot LuvinDaBass;

Im mostly into underground hip-hop which has alot of bass, I also love house music. However, I doing more research on Infinity Kappa Perfect Subs. I''ve heard they are one of the best out there and can take up to 1600 wts RMS.

peace.

Raven is offline Lacking social skills!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Power handling is pretty irrelevant in a lot of cases. If you have, say, 800 watts on tap you don't need a woofer that can handle double that. If you have 1600 watts on tap, you don't need to use all 1600 watts.

IMO Infinity makes some pretty nice subs. I've heard the Reference line but not the Kappa / Perfect line before.

Also, have you considered a smaller sub? I don't know how much room an 86 Jaguar has for a woofer, but my 92 Taurus with it's huge soccer-mom trunk has trouble fitting an enclosure big enough to port a single 15, but can handle two ported 12s quite easily. If your plan calls for a sealed box pay no mind to me.

Closed Thread