Closed Thread

Reload Thread: kenwoods....ported or sealed?

subboxmaker is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

kenwoods....ported or sealed?

ok im doing an install for a friend. i've put in their cd player and front speakers already. now its time for the subs. i ordered a jbl 300.1 for 2 12" kenwoods that he bought at best buy. should i port the kenwoods? im putting them in a 1 cubic ft per sub box that i made if i port them should i put the ports on the sides of the box or on the back? does anyone have any experiece with porting kenwoods. they're the new silver ones 175 watts rms 700 max. thanks guys

give me some advice on what u guys would do with this stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    best thing to do is bring the subs back... they blow real quick... i had them in a ported box and it was ok... wasnt anything to brag bout either. try a sealed box, then cut a port wherever you have room, prefferably where the subs are (on the same side), then decide which is better and make the adjustments.... probably the sealed will be better for it.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well i made the box deep so it is shorter and not as wide so i dont think i can fit ports on the front side.. i think ill just leave it sealed for awhile and if i get some time to mess with it ill make it ported.

i was tryin to talk him into selling the kenwoods and buying kicker comp for like 110 online. but the kenwoods have a best buy warranty so id be easier if we blow em

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    when i first started out i bought a kenwood 10" sub like 2 years ago and i had a kenwood 300 watt rms 600 max amp runnin to it and it never blew or anything i was surprised now when i look back on that subs specs and its only 125 watts rms. and that thing took a beating

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i still have one of the last model kenwood db+ before the new model came out, and i bought the new model cuz i thought it was goin to be better, well the old model of 2 years now still pounding and already went though 6 new models since they came out, so i gave up and said forget it, now i'm gettin some ma audio's or kicker comp vr's still havent decided

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    how can u help me port them? the kenwoods he bought are rated at 175 rms and ill be running 150 rms to each one.. should work pretty good.... if u want to look up the port sizes for me ill get ya the exact box specs sometime soon...thanks

Closed Thread

User Tag List