Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Best inexpensive sub choice?

Yrrkoon is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Best inexpensive sub choice?

I'd like to put a 10" or so single sub in the back of my RSX. I prefer sound quality over loudness so a sealed design seems more appropriate to me. I'd prefer not to have to build my own box. Are there any decent prefab designs i should look at?

Currently i'm considering the kenwood excelon KAC-X650D for an amp.. but that may change. It claims:

"The KAC-X650D is a powerful, versatile, 5-channel amp. It integrates the capabilities of a big four-channel amp AND a super-efficient Class-D mono amp meant for your subwoofer, so in most cases it's the only amp you'll need. For example, it delivers 60 watts x 4 PLUS 200 watts x 1 at 4 ohms, or 80 watts x 4 PLUS 300 x 1 at 2 ohms (14.4V)."

Looking for a good prefab single sub design that'd work well with that.

-Yrrk

Savant is offline Duke of DOH!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd say it has a lot to do with what you are looking to spend on the sub.. I've read a few reviews of the new Pioneer Premier subs, supposed to be fairly decent.. I just ordered 2 12"s and 2 10"s.. The TS-W1041DVC is ~400 RMS (the amp you are looking at should be fine for that) and runs 2ohm or 8 ohm.. I found it for $57 + $15 S/H..

You could get just about any small sealed box (where ever you can find one) and add stuff to it if you need to make it smaller (the ts-w1041dvc suggest a .6 ft^3 sealed)..

I'm sure there are others that will tell you to go ported, and not to use the Pioneer.. *shrug* But, I'm new here, so

Hope that helps..

DARKHART is online now One Hitter Quitter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Re: Best inexpensive sub choice?

Originally posted by Yrrkoon
    I'd like to put a 10" or so single sub in the back of my RSX. I prefer sound quality over loudness so a sealed design seems more appropriate to me. I'd prefer not to have to build my own box. Are there any decent prefab designs i should look at?

Currently i'm considering the kenwood excelon KAC-X650D for an amp.. but that may change. It claims:

"The KAC-X650D is a powerful, versatile, 5-channel amp. It integrates the capabilities of a big four-channel amp AND a super-efficient Class-D mono amp meant for your subwoofer, so in most cases it's the only amp you'll need. For example, it delivers 60 watts x 4 PLUS 200 watts x 1 at 4 ohms, or 80 watts x 4 PLUS 300 x 1 at 2 ohms (14.4V)."

Looking for a good prefab single sub design that'd work well with that.
    try looking into getting a hollywood excursion 1040d 10" sub (about $60 bucks) and a simple prefab 10" sub box (about $49-60 bucks).... great sound, nice pound, great value.

RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Eleental K or RE SE...

Semi Retired SPL Master
    Review Commitee Organizer
    Team CarAudio.com Captain

147.3 Termlab

Stereo Integrity/Memphis/Pioneer/Optima/JL

2003 NSPL Regular Cab Record Holder

Big Thanks to Loyd Lowry and Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity

Ralphus is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    People seem to dig the adire audio shivas too.

ftgu is offline Class"A"********

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Shivas arereal nice.
    but I got a couple real nice 10's for sale.Go to Americanbassusa.com and check out the cx series subwoofers. if you're interested email me at crazycro2@yahoo.com

"It's all fun & games 'till someone loses an ear drum."

Closed Thread