Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Ok, so I ripped the backseat out of my Dodge Ram quad cab...

Ralphus is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, so I ripped the backseat out of my Dodge Ram quad cab...

...now help me decide what to put there.

Here's what it looks like:

(this stuff is just thrown in temporarily, that's two tens to get an idea on the amount of room)

This is what I have so far:

-HU - Kenwood KDC-MP919 CD/MP3 player, please suggest to me a better Head Unit with a built in crossover and some sort of sound processing built in. I am probably waiting until March for the new models, and hoping for a nice in dash TV solution.
    -Front - Kicker RS6 (resolution) up front in the doors, these are keepers.
    -Rear - Polk EX 5" mid and Denon tweeters in the rear doors, think I'll keep these.

What I'm looking to add:

-Amplifiers -
    I have this thing about matching amps, I dislike JBL for some reason and I hate flea market knock offs like MA, Audiobahn, Planet Audio, etc., so these are the brands I am considering-
    -Tsunami DB-1800T (1800watts@2ohm), or two DB-1100D(1100watts@1ohm, two strapped together for 2200watts@2ohms), and a DB-4440(75x4)
    -MTX 8100D(1000watts@2ohms), and a 6304 (37.5x4) keeping in mind these things are under rated.
    -Couple of other brands I am considering are Crossfire and Cadence, though they seem to be loud but lacking in SQ from my previous experiences with them.
    How much power can I run with just an upgraded battery and some caps???

-Subs-
    Leaning towards Elemental K series due to the low price, but decent quality and SQ that I have read about on here. Four 12" or Four 15" and probably in sealed enclosures, unless I find I have room for a decent ported set up. (I've always liked the sound of twelves, but four 15's just sounds sweet ). Also, any help with wiring four DVC 2ohm or 4ohm subs to a MONO amplifier to yield a 2ohm load would be appreciated.

Anyway, since I am making the ridiculous decision of taking the rear seat out of my 2003 Quad cab truck, and I got about $650 to spend on amps, and about $650 to spend on subs, so use your imagination and lemme know what you'd fill it up with! In other words, what would you do?
    Last edited by Ralphus; 12-26-2002 at 12:27 AM.

LoneRanger is offline Old Yamahas Give Me Wood

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Ok, so I ripped the backseat out of my Dodge Ram quad cab...

Originally posted by Ralphus
    [BI ................and I hate flea market knock offs like MA, Audiobahn, Planet Audio, etc[/b]
    I was going to give you advice until you went and said something stupid .......fend for yourself, you uneducated swine!

"There is no 'I' in Tag Team"

Project 'rex: Coming Soon to An Eardrum Near You

97dakota is offline lovin Belize

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Help or don't post.

brahmas are good. I really have little knowledge in car audio. ss3079, RangerMan, brock,all have great knowledge and have used everything and then some. jlaine, zane when he is on here. goddyd4me all are great help.

Mark_ab is offline The Alpha Male

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Re: Re: Ok, so I ripped the backseat out of my Dodge Ram quad cab...

Originally posted by LoneRanger
    I was going to give you advice until you went and said something stupid .......fend for yourself, you uneducated swine!
    Easy Hoss....take a lap. If I got mad at everyone who was ignorant in the car audio field, I woudln't be talking to anyone, including myself.

Is this not a reasonable place to park?

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    they aren't just pure SPL subs and this guy is out for SQ. now out of curiosity why would you rip out a back seat of a quad cab to have an SQ car and then plan on runnind 2kw of power. i didn't read the entire post b/c i don't have that much time but, caps do nothing but strain your alt. more you wanna run 2kw of power you need 150+amp alternator. now for amps you want something that is powerful and clean get a zapco c2k 9.0 2200rms underrated by at least 200watts and a zapco 360 4channel amp. that is my advice for amps. subs the k's are great cheap woofers you can get better out there but they are great woofers. a pair of XXX subs and a c2k 9.0 will do you just fine.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by bumpin_blazer
    they aren't just pure SPL subs and this guy is out for SQ. now out of curiosity why would you rip out a back seat of a quad cab to have an SQ car and then plan on runnind 2kw of power. i didn't read the entire post b/c i don't have that much time but, caps do nothing but strain your alt. more you wanna run 2kw of power you need 150+amp alternator. now for amps you want something that is powerful and clean get a zapco c2k 9.0 2200rms underrated by at least 200watts and a zapco 360 4channel amp. that is my advice for amps. subs the k's are great cheap woofers you can get better out there but they are great woofers. a pair of XXX subs and a c2k 9.0 will do you just fine.

adam
    Yeah, that's why I ask, I do want to have a big, deafening setup, BUT I also want to have some degree of sound quality at lower levels. (I like both) Not necessarily competition level SQ, just a good clean sound.

The reason I have to take out the backseat is that with it in I either can't get a system in there that'll be loud enough (these new Dodge's only have enough room for a pair of eights and MAYBE a couple of tens under the rear seat), or I would have to cut up the seat, which I have decided against because I am looking to sell it in a year or two. Therefore the best solution to me was just to take the seat out.

So, since the seat has come out, I want to go a little big, without spending too much $$. Just want to see what others on here think would be good for a large budget system.
    Last edited by Ralphus; 12-25-2002 at 11:18 AM.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Jmac
    Since when is Planet Audio and Audiobahn flea market crap ?
    Maybe I should take that out, but Planet Audio is made by Boss, Audiobahn is made by Alphasonik, MA is Mobile Authority etc. I just want to stay away from the brands like these from previous experience and recommendations.

I of course, am asking for help, but I have formed an opinion on these products and will not buy them. So telling me to buy them wouldn't do a whole lot of good.
    Last edited by Ralphus; 12-25-2002 at 11:21 AM.

BonusBobo is offline Lightweight Sesh

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    for the record, your pickup is SWEET

-AJ

AIM: AJR775
    My CarDomain
    [email protected]

BenTLocK is offline BlaZeN4Sho

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what r thos.. 18" look hot

2003 Chevy Blazer ZR2
    ...system plans...
    Clarion DXZ935 CD Receiver
    Infinity Speakers
    JBL 1200.1
    Soundstream 15" SPL DaVinci Woofer
    15" Ported Box
    2 Visor TVs with ps2

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by BenTLocK
    what r thos.. 18" look hot
    They're 20's, just look small on there...

I'm gonna keep the wheels and lower it or get some 22" wheels soon!

Anyway, I'm pretty set on Elemental K's for subs (four 12's or 15's), what would be some good amps to power 4 big subs, and 4 components?

Also, any battery or wiring advice would be cool!
    Last edited by Ralphus; 12-25-2002 at 01:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would help you, but I can never find any of these products' specs online. What kind of amps do you want? You somehow could go with a JBL 1200.1 setup like all of these guys will probably suggest.

-AJ

My CarDomain
    [email protected]

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm gonna keep the wheels and lower it or get some 22" wheels soon!

Anyway, I'm pretty set on Elemental K's for subs (four 12's or 15's), what would be some good amps to power 4 big subs, and 4 components?

Also, any battery or wiring advice would be cool!
    Your gonna lower that baby 4/5 and bag it'...custom c/bridge notch, 22's....can you say feature truck? I'm not kidding either

4 12" or 15" K's eh? Hmm...I would go with 2 amps...each powering 2 subs(duh).

Might need a new alternator...but with that beefy truck...you might not have to.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can always dream.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dream, yes, but you wouldn't really ever want it in that color, wouldyou?

-AJ

My CarDomain
    [email protected]

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I can always dream.
    You dont need to dream...

New grille, shave door handles/antenna, slam it to the ground(when the bags are deflated)...some wicked flame licks for paint, killer interior, and boom, you have yourself a nice show truck...easy, well sort of

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Tag List