Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: Eh, Bass Response *****.

Mugen is offline Superhero.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eh, Bass Response *****.

Bass response is how fast your subs can change notes right (if not, oh well). Anyway, there's a song by Toby Mac, called Phenomenom [Blanco E Chegro Mix], and it has a really nice bass line, that goes up and down, kind of quickly, but not that quick. And my 2 AA Assassin 8"s just can't do it, and I've noticed they have problems with some other songs as well, almost skipping entire notes and then barely playing the end of them. And when it's a long bass note, you can hear it slightly going in and out almost, when on my home sub (12" Dahlquist) it's nice and smooth and just goes through basslines beautifully.

I'm thinking the problem is my "box" though, which isn't a box, but two Bazooka tubes. Not sure if this is common problem with them or if they're even the problem, but even though I was stubborn before and didn't want to build a box, I've got to now. These things get loud, but they just can't replicate music, and there's like a "whooshing air" sound that it makes my speakers make, something I've never heard from a sub in a box.

I just want to know if this is the actual tube problems, or do AA Assassin 8"s have problems with kind of quick basslines (I really doubt it's the subs, seeing as how they are so highly reccomended).

And one more thing, they do this no matter what volume, so it's not like I'm asking them to do to much, because even when I turn it down, they still can't keep up with the bass at times

EDIT:

And this song (Toby Mac - Phenomenom [Blanco E Chegro Mix]) sounded great on my old PowerBass 10" in a sealed box, but it was nowhere near as loud as these two 8"s. However, I'd much rather my (avearge) sound quality back then a spl shitfest.

PESteele is offline I wang on an 8 in a van

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Eh, Bass Response *****.

build a nice sealed box for them and you will be amazed

99 jeep cherokee on 32, Jvc kd-avx1, Elevation audio concert series speakers, kicker zx250.2, 2 Massive audio cw 12's, directed 1500d

Refs- Twoohfour, SAG3, fo0manchu, guy022077, chris96camaro, frangka2, marcusb419er, XaznKewLguyX, Dj-torn, Milenko515, 6spdcoupe, foreman, tommelton(bimmerforums), burnzie2413, saywhat, Untouchable11, iceteebone, HarleyF150, Fi Car Audio, loud-n-low, dvrmstrng, Deucelee, MJ-tC, coachtjm, 80INCHES, jeepintn, sxkicker89, BiZkiT8u

j3bus2k3 is offline Si vis pacem, para bellum

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You need to put those subs in a proper box first off...Did you put them in bazooka tubes?

AIM: SPL Performance1
    /////Alpine 9835
    Active Processing via Coustic XM7
    Dayton 7" Mid-woofer with Seas Neo Tweet
    JBL/Crown 1100 & Power 300.4
    12" TC3000 Based Custom in 2.25ft^3 at 32hz

Wallet say But I say

References:Moe Lester, PV Audio, sss18734, DJ-Torn, dleccord, jiggy2dmax, Negativezeroz, Bama350z, TeamPSI, dB Dom, Kenny Pollock, Flossinon24s, Patfitz9 (x2), AppleBonker, BassAddictJ, the727kid, skadude016, CaliKid, Thumper88, Djman37, TeamQuakeCelica, Cerob, Pimpedout97x, Troy_Audi0, got_focus?, Karleon, Jamaica2G, rtillare, dumple, JohnnyBusa, mattmcss, whitem1ke88, nineball

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well, I guess I'm gonna be building a box then...

And yes, they are in two Bazooka Tubes right now, because that was easiest at the time. Don't hate me >_>

Vicodin113 is offline Ms Peachez FTW

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mugen View Post
    Well, I guess I'm gonna be building a box then...

And yes, they are in two Bazooka Tubes right now, because that was easiest at the time. Don't hate me >_>
    Thats one of your problems... a HUGE problem right there!

Whip out your manual or check online to see what size sealed box they recomend. Build it and sit back and be amazed.

Ms Peachez Fan

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vicodin113 View Post
    Thats one of your problems... a HUGE problem right there!

Whip out your manual or check online to see what size sealed box they recomend. Build it and sit back and be amazed.
    Well, they say .4ft^3 for a sealed box, but I have to call them tomorrow and see what the sub displacement is. Why don't any manufacturers put that information on their website?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mugen View Post
    Well, they say .4ft^3 for a sealed box, but I have to call them tomorrow and see what the sub displacement is. Why don't any manufacturers put that information on their website?
    A lot of them do, Chad just doesn't because he's a **** licker.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Using my 1337 math skills

The 10" sealed box plans (why the hell isn't there plans for sealed 8" dammit?) call for 9.5" x 10.5" x 14.5" which = 1446.375in^3, divide by 1728in^3 = .837ft^3, - .7ft^3 (sealed box suggested size) gives .137ft^3 displacement for the 10" sub.

So that means the 8" probably takes around .1ft^3 (close enough probably, but I'm still calling tomorrow). Looks like I need about .5ft^3 of space in my box

xluben is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

dude, do them ported!

i don't think you'll be disappointed with their sound quality or transien response (that was the term you were looking for) with a ported enclosure, and they'll be much louder.

i don't know what box plans you were looking at, but most good ones 'over estimate' driver displacement, to make sure you're box doesn't end up too small. but i'd guess the assassin 8's are more like 0.05ft^3 of displacement.

do this:

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/...&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

you'll be amazed!

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xluben View Post
    dude, do them ported!

i don't think you'll be disappointed with their sound quality or transien response (that was the term you were looking for) with a ported enclosure, and they'll be much louder.

i don't know what box plans you were looking at, but most good ones 'over estimate' driver displacement, to make sure you're box doesn't end up too small. but i'd guess the assassin 8's are more like 0.05ft^3 of displacement.

do this:

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/...&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

you'll be amazed!
    I just checked out the single 8" ported plans, and I found that with their suggested box plans, it left the sub taking up .07ft^3, so it's smaller than I thought, and if they did indeed overestimate, even better.

However, I simply do not have room for a ported enclosure, just fitting two 8"s sealed is going to be a huge pain in the *** in my Ranger

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alright, I went and measured some stuff in my truck. How's this box sound for both of them:

Length: 27" (25.5")
    Height: 11" (9.5")
    Top Depth: 7.5" (6")
    Bottom Depth: 9" (7.5")

Internal Air Space:
    .5(6+7.5) x 9.5 x 25.5 = 1635.18in^3 / 1728in^3 = .94ft^3 / 2 = .47ft^3 airspace per sub.

It's obviously a wedge box. Is there some sort of calculator I can use to determine exactly how to cut each piece of wood, or do I need to manually draw that out?

xluben is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

start doing trig!

haha, plans sound good, and i'm sure there must be a wedge box calculator somewhere but i don't know of it.

luvinthebass is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bazooka tubes are like all high bass output like 50 60 70 hz range they never hit the lows and sound like **** imo, plus i've never seen someone bumpin some bazooka tubes before either

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah, yea, I'm gonna have my box by this weekend hopefully, and trust me, I've noticed the complete lack of lows. I didn't realize it at first, but after listening to some music on my Klipsch speakers in my room, it's just funny how it completely disregards certain notes all together O.o

As an example, Late Nite Tip just sounds like ***, because it doesn't roll on down to the low notes in the bass line, it just get's quiet for a second. Even my little 6.5" Klipsch sub goes lower than that...

dflw_99 is offline Kicker Ownage

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

google "sealed sub box volume calcualtor" u just type the size in and it tells you how many cubic feet your have.

easy as pie

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast