*If you dont wanna read the whole post skip to the last paragraphs*
Hey to everyone here. Im new to the forums and kinda new to the sound thing as well. Ive been reading the posts for a while now and i have a few questions for everyone on here. But first let me fill you in on my situation first.
I live in Alberta Canada (close to Calgary if you know where that is) and ive just recently bought a new car, a Dodge SX 2.0. I am looking to upgrade the sound system in it. I want to do it right though. So that would bring me to my first real question.
1) What is the first thing to upgrade in your car, the deck or the speakers? And what type of headunit and speakers would you recommend? price isnt a big thing, but about 400 for a new headunit (preferably not from the internet)
I also want to have a pair of subwoofers in the trunk, either 10 or 12. I want to have something that looks nice, has excellent sound quality but when i want to crank it i want it to thump extremely hard. Just so you know price really isnt a big thing here either. im was thinking about limiting it to about 500 a peice brand new.So this leads me to my next few questions.
2) What size of subs would be best?
3) What brand and type would you recommend?
4) What type of box, sealed or ported, would you recommend? and if ported where could i get plans?
5) What type of amplifier would be best for your recommended subs?
So to summarize im looking for a head unit ($400 or so), speakers to replace stock speakers, a pair of subs (10" or 12" about $500 a peice) and a good amp to go with them (no price). Again im looking for sound quality that can be cranked if i want. Thanks to everyone who answers the post.
*edit* sorry for the long post. i know you guys dont like them.