Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Take a sec out of you time and give this a read :)

roop is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Take a sec out of you time and give this a read :)

Alright, I love www.ubid.com so before I learned ..more... about subs and car systems I thought that all that mattered in a sub was watts, i was wrong, obviously, so i got these beastly 1200 watt subs (10") that I have no Idea wtf to do with there "Thump!" never heard of the brand before. All I know is that they are 10" 1200 watts have a huge cone, have huge foam, and weight over 15 lbs each, with dual voice coils, and a 160 oz mag. Any ideas? I had one... but It will surly die...

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1330346818

adamawayfrommpa is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What do you mean that it will surely die...You mean your selling it or your going to blow it..anyway it looks to me like either THUMP is the brand or it kind of looks like a mobile Authority sub which still *****.........Wait...... YES it is mobile authoriy!!!
    I see that same speaker on their web site....which is www.cheapspeakers.com......no joke that is the site name....
    Anyway well I don't see that exact model but THUMP is in the Mobile Authority Series.....I'd sell it too...LOL
    Adam Chandler

RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not trying to rip you, but I don't think you are gonna get $50 for that sub. If you paid more than 50, you got ripped off. I hope you sell it though...maybe it is a good sub.

L8ER
    RM

roop is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

argh

surely die.... my idea to sell it.... Um yea the sub pretty much sux ***. I got it for $10 each BUT then i relized shipping would be $40!!! dang I was pissed off, I new they wouldn't be good but 20 for 2 1200, might as well give em a try, if they ****** maybe they could be some really big tweeters.. LOL

zane is offline Bored.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm, it would surely do fine as a Projectile of some sort....

Wise choice in selling them.

Any sort of claims and measurements from this Company or thier subsidaries are highly questionable....

take it easy,
    -zane

Webslave - www.SoundwavesCS.net

"The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready."

- Henry David Thoreau

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lol

LOL!!! Projectile... I agree. Well... Actually I think that I would dissect it to see what a speaker looks like on the inside. I have never really seen what it looks like yet. Do not sell them because it really would not be worth it because you will get at the most 20 or so dollars, if you even find someone who would even buy them.

Take the magnets out and play with them! You have no idea how much entertainment 2 magnets can provide. (Idea: Put one on top of a table and one under the table and move the one under the table and it moves the one on the top. Impress your friends!!!) Leave the speakers for a rainy day and dissect them and play around with the stuff inside. You will probably get more enjoyment out of them that way.

Tip: Research before you buy!!!. Buy speakers from a reliable company. It is not too hard to find one. (I.E. Kicker, JL Audio, Kicker, Infinity, Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, Kicker, Eclipse, Kicker... Well you get the idea.). Just try to stay away from brands like Mobile Authority, Pyramid, and other companies that sell cheap overrated products (You can usually tell if you see a 1000 Watt speaker for about $50. Normally a good quality 1000 Watt speaker is in between 300-500 dollars.) Good luck.
    Last edited by ArcaneParadise; 02-06-2002 at 02:41 AM.

Kicker_S-10 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If somebody pays 50 bucks for one of those, then they are just plain dumb. I went to that cheapspeakers.com and I found those thump subs that you have and you can buy them brand new for forty bucks. yea, pretty cheezy. another thing you could do with them is throw them at your enemys vehicle. He'll be pissed when he finds out that the subs you just threw through his windows were some really cheep subs. that you didnt even waste much money on destroying his car.

roop is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hahahaa yea with a 15 lb sub that would do nicely

Closed Thread