Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 69

Reload Thread: Massive Audio CW 12 Review & Video

  1. #1
    snoopdan's Avatar
    snoopdan is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    20,158
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    19
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

    Massive Audio CW 12 Review & Video













    Ok everyone, I got the Massive Audio CW 12 in the other day, and I slipped it into a "daily" box I have...something sort of what everyone else here would be normally using and not some mad fartbox for just doing high numbers. This is a pretty simple setup, it was powered by a MTX 1501d, which supplies exactly rated power to the CW12 since I didnt want to make rice crispies out of it. Oh and I know you're probably looking at the surround on that sub and wondering whats happening, thats pretty common with butyl based surrounds to do that.


    One thing that I thought was really neat about this sub was that you can recone it without any glue, just by replacing the cartridge.... If you look at my above top picture in the lower right hand corner, you can see I have green arrows pointing to screws on the bottom lip under the surround, and around under the spider. These are set screws which once you remove them allows the spider and surround to seperate from the sub so you can recone it without any need for shipping it back or having to glue it yourself. Just pop in and play

    I'll be writing up something formal tomorrow with termlab results and such and explantions of it...so stay tuned to this thread. However, the video for it HAS been completed and available for viewing by clicking the below link



    MASSIVE AUDIO CW 12 VIDEO

    Enjoy and please comment on what you think







  2. #2
    bigbassman's Avatar
    bigbassman is offline Master of all things loud bigbassman is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Southern WV
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,890
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Massive Audio CW 12 Review & Video

    you're hired as official editor for the 12" test session

    video rocked... good score..

    Loyd L.



    SQL Prolly

  3. #3
    springy101's Avatar
    springy101 is offline village idiot/racist



    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Massive Audio CW 12 Review & Video

    whats up with the surround? it looks like it just totally folds in when the sub moves back



    I must follow in eugenics' footsteps, for he is great

    Ref's: Ebay


    VOA_NIGHTMARE, Blados, frankga2, allenzo, bamaboy x2, Crown_amps, violentrapture, adio x3, bumpin_blazer, fi car audio, haunther, sbcaprice305 x2

  4. #4
    denalilvr's Avatar
    denalilvr is offline just laugh



    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    1,868
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Massive Audio CW 12 Review & Video

    Quote Originally Posted by springy101 View Post
    whats up with the surround? it looks like it just totally folds in when the sub moves back
    ive seen a few idmax vids on roe do that has well.



    refrences i sold to

    mlstrass
    turdfergueson2
    IgnoreMe

  5. #5
    Showrides's Avatar
    Showrides is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,289
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Massive Audio CW 12 Review & Video

    It just looks like it folds because of the reflective cone.




  6. #6
    springy101's Avatar
    springy101 is offline village idiot/racist



    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Massive Audio CW 12 Review & Video

    no you can see the surround actually fold in, on the gifs he posted.



    you can clearly see it folds sometimes and others it doesnt.



    I must follow in eugenics' footsteps, for he is great

    Ref's: Ebay


    VOA_NIGHTMARE, Blados, frankga2, allenzo, bamaboy x2, Crown_amps, violentrapture, adio x3, bumpin_blazer, fi car audio, haunther, sbcaprice305 x2

  7. #7
    denalilvr's Avatar
    denalilvr is offline just laugh



    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    1,868
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Massive Audio CW 12 Review & Video

    Quote Originally Posted by springy101 View Post
    no you can see the surround acutally fold in, on the gifs he posted.



    you can clearly see it folds sometimes and others it doesnt.
    ok i see what your talkin about i thought you meant on the inside..your talkin about the actually surround itself..dont think i ever seen anything like that..im gona hit roe and look at some of the videos i frequent..



    refrences i sold to

    mlstrass
    turdfergueson2
    IgnoreMe

  8. #8
    Showrides's Avatar
    Showrides is offline Banned



    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,289
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Massive Audio CW 12 Review & Video

    Quote Originally Posted by springy101 View Post
    no you can see the surround actually fold in, on the gifs he posted.



    you can clearly see it folds sometimes and others it doesnt.
    Ohh, I get what you are looking at. I was just watching the video, and just saw that it looked different because of the reflective cone.

    But yeah, I have seen plenty of subs on videos that seem to do that. In person I have never noticed it, but that is probably because things are happening SO fast. Just with slower frame rates in videos, sometimes you will notice stuff like that.




  9. #9
    springy101's Avatar
    springy101 is offline village idiot/racist



    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Massive Audio CW 12 Review & Video

    hmm ok, that just looks odd though.



    I must follow in eugenics' footsteps, for he is great

    Ref's: Ebay


    VOA_NIGHTMARE, Blados, frankga2, allenzo, bamaboy x2, Crown_amps, violentrapture, adio x3, bumpin_blazer, fi car audio, haunther, sbcaprice305 x2

  10. #10
    bigbassman's Avatar
    bigbassman is offline Master of all things loud bigbassman is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Southern WV
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,890
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Massive Audio CW 12 Review & Video

    its called pucker...

    surrounds of a larger diameter roll do it.. because when folding inward.. all that material has to go somewhere... and when the surround isn't extremely stiff, and compressable.. it folds...

    Loyd L.



    SQL Prolly

  11. #11
    RumbleNTheTrunk's Avatar
    RumbleNTheTrunk is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Liberty, TX
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,922
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Massive Audio CW 12 Review & Video

    arent those surrounds call roll surround or something like that and only subs ive seen those kinds of surround on are prototype subs.



    2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    SLP Loud Mouth Axleback -- Installed
    Vararam CAI w/ HSRK -- On the way
    ARH 1 7/8 Headers Catted -- Very soon



    Feedback here

    CLICK HERE

  12. #12
    RumbleNTheTrunk's Avatar
    RumbleNTheTrunk is offline CarAudio.com Elite



    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Liberty, TX
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,922
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Massive Audio CW 12 Review & Video

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbassman View Post
    its called pucker...

    surrounds of a larger diameter roll do it.. because when folding inward.. all that material has to go somewhere... and when the surround isn't extremely stiff, and compressable.. it folds...

    Loyd L.
    **** your good.



    2009 Pontiac G8 GT
    SLP Loud Mouth Axleback -- Installed
    Vararam CAI w/ HSRK -- On the way
    ARH 1 7/8 Headers Catted -- Very soon



    Feedback here

    CLICK HERE

  13. #13
    regal8r's Avatar
    regal8r is offline I <3 my CRX



    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,829
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Massive Audio CW 12 Review & Video

    Quote Originally Posted by snoopdan View Post












    Ok everyone, I got the Massive Audio CW 12 in the other day, and I slipped it into a "daily" box I have...something sort of what everyone else here would be normally using and not some mad fartbox for just doing high numbers. This is a pretty simple setup, it was powered by a MTX 1501d, which supplies exactly rated power to the CW12 since I didnt want to make rice crispies out of it. Oh and I know you're probably looking at the surround on that sub and wondering whats happening, thats pretty common with butyl based surrounds to do that.


    One thing that I thought was really neat about this sub was that you can recone it without any glue, just by replacing the cartridge.... If you look at my above top picture in the lower right hand corner, you can see I have green arrows pointing to screws on the bottom lip under the surround, and around under the spider. These are set screws which once you remove them allows the spider and surround to seperate from the sub so you can recone it without any need for shipping it back or having to glue it yourself. Just pop in and play

    I'll be writing up something formal tomorrow with termlab results and such and explantions of it...so stay tuned to this thread. However, the video for it HAS been completed and available for viewing by clicking the below link



    MASSIVE AUDIO CW 12 VIDEO

    Enjoy and please comment on what you think
    ^^^^



    1990 Honda CRX HF
    Mods: 239k mile, bonestock mod and rusty door weight reduction mods
    Bragging Rights: 47mpg

    Quote Originally Posted by 99gtxgolfer View Post
    OMFG!!! ^^^^^ regal ftmfw

  14. #14
    ultimate157's Avatar
    ultimate157 is offline Engineering Student



    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Worcester, ma
    Posts
    7,249
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Massive Audio CW 12 Review & Video

    nice cherokee



    2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLI VR6
    Source: Pioneer 880 PRS *Active
    Tweeters: Soon to be Hat Imagine
    Midrange: Soon to be Hat Imagine
    Sub: 15" SSA Icon
    Box: 2.5^3 Sealed
    Amp: Soundstream Tarantula 2kW

    Feedback: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278169

  15. #15
    phyphoestilic's Avatar
    phyphoestilic is offline Liquid Fire...



    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Age
    26
    Posts
    5,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Massive Audio CW 12 Review & Video

    I really like how the words on the sub's cone lights up. Unique



    Lexus LS400 Setup
    Eclipse CD7000 (Running Active)
    Image Dynamic OEM CX64s
    Image Dynamics NX30 Tweeters
    US Acoustic USF600 x2, USF800 x2 (Zed Audio )
    150ft+ of Rammat
    IDMax12 1.5cft. I need to cut for IB
    25 feet 1/0 Stinger Expert, 15 feet 4 Stinger Pro
    Stinger Dream Series, Knu Konceptz Krystal Series RCAs

    Ref: (Bought From)Renegadesrun, IonSQL, CrazyJoker2, Alpine CDA-9815 , FI Car Audio, yournumber1dan , B_Campbell, jacobcopeland87, mike dressure x2, James_Bang, blue200sx
    (Traded w/) Iceteebone, sxkicker89
    (Sold To): James_Bang, timbo12, gsxrjjordan
    Ebay: PhyPhoestilic (100%)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum