Closed Thread

Reload Thread: 2006 chevy silverado crew cab

TrickeffeX is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2006 chevy silverado crew cab

hey guys.
    i just bought a 2006 chevy silverado crew cab,and i'm looking for some ideas for a sub.i have the bose stereo in my truck and it has a factory sub in the console, but you can't even tell that there is a sub in the truck.would i be able to just replace the factory sub with somthing just a tad bit better in quality?jl audio makes a center console sub box that goes in the center console,but you have to delete the rear air ducts,and that would kinda be defeating the purpose of the rear air for passengers.any help would be appreciated guys.
    charles

AK SloPok is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2006 chevy silverado crew cab

I understand your pain...
    I have an 05 crew and needed more bass. Originally I went with 2 bazooka 6s behind the seat but before too long I wanted more. I put in 2 pioneer shallow mount 10s behind the seat in a sealed box. I push about 400 watts to it and they sound great. However I had to remove the vents from the back and relocate the jack. There are tons of choices out there for subs just search on "shallow mount" or many small subs 8" will work too. Boxes? I know probox makes one or two and there are at least 2 other manufacturers for pre fab. You can even fit a decent size amp under your seat and still fold it down. Let me know if you have any questions.
    Chad

NhustlaR is offline Below me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

my buddy has one, and we took out the middle seat, and threw 2 10" kappa perfects in 2.5 cubes @ 30hz

2 15" MemPhiS MoJo's + one MA audio 401sx= 144.1 legal on the TL...

refs:
    foreman, bumpnGT X 2, bumpncarstereo X 2, yo0123yo, empire2000e2k, mikeyspice, echo12victor, Mountaineer Man, spitfirees20, Jcgtp86, ShallowFU, LuckyT X 3, jadon087, Geezerpoop, Juststoppingby, jadon087, Woofercooker, Mikidoo

IM IN HERE is offline I cut stickas pm me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i took out my rear 40 seat on passenger side and built a ported box for a 10w7..

creyc is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just put two 12's in a 06 regular cab silverado, retaining full leg room and seat reclining too. Sharing 400 watts to the pair, they really pound in such a small cabin.

Shallow subs fit in amazing places!

"last time I checked ohm was short for ohmega... " - Death By Bass

Closed Thread