Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Help for a system in my 1991 s10

Afboy143 is offline aka Bumpin Expo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Help for a system in my 1991 s10

I have a 1991 s10 standard cab and I built a box for it for 2 Type E alpine 10's but it turns out i had to return them cuz the mounting depth on the subs is 6" and i only have 4-4.5. Does anyone know of a 10" sub with a mounting depth of 4-4.5 inches? I want two and i have a 600 watt mono bazooka amp to power them. Thanks. Also if there isnt any 10" subs i can fit is there any 8" subs that would work good too?

bowtiefan is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Years ago I had two 10" Orion XTR subs in a '90 reg. cab S-10 and didnt have any problems.I cant remeber the exact dim. of the box but it went all the way across the cab and height wise it stopped about 2 inches below the top of the seat ,I think the bottom depth was like 7.5" and the top was 3"............Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    my friend has a regular cab 94 s-10 and has a solobaric L7 12, and his box and sub is for sale

buster is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I ran into the same problem with depth. The best 10 I found with a shallow mounting depth that could still handle some power was the mtx 6000.

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by pimpedoutblazer
    my friend has a regular cab 94 s-10 and has a solobaric L7 12, and his box and sub is for sale
    Isnt the mouting depth for the 12's just over 6 inches?

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

tommyk90 is offline THE WHOLE THING!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Do you have the stock bench seat? If you do ditch it for some bucket seats, much more comfortable and better for systems. I'm puttin to 10'' L5's in my no-cab s-10, so i think you could fit more than 4.5 inches back there. Just be creative. I remember seeing a pic of a regular cab s-10 with 4 10" solobarics (round ones), that would be some loud ****.

Team Kicker (R.I.P.)
    Team Sundown
    Team Maxxsonics
    Team XS Power
    Team DD
    Team Audio Technix
    Team B2 Audio
    Team Mechman
    Team Tantric Sounds

2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion
    2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, DB1, S2, S3, S4)

One DD 9510 powered by two Sundown SAZ-2500's
    Kicker KS tweeters, MB Quart 5.25's active on an MB Quart DSC480
    Kicker wiring throughout.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by ss3079
    Isnt the mouting depth for the 12's just over 6 inches?

- Steve

could be, but like the dude said a second ago... take the bench seats out and put bucket seats, not to mention to get the box out, you have to take out the seats. dont know how he did it, but its in there and not goin anywhere till its sold

LoneRanger is offline Old Yamahas Give Me Wood

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    like tommy said.....ditch the bench and get yourself some nice comfy buckets. Momo makes some really slick lookin stuff, but if you would rather save some money and go to a junk yard, just about anything will work if you don't mind drilling new holes in your floor. Before I swapped the seats out in my Ranger, the biggest box i could fit was 1 cubic foot and I didn't have anywhere to mount my amp or fuse blocks. After the mod, I can fit a 1.5 cubic foot box and a false wall above the box for my amp and fuses......not to mention the fact that the sub looks cool as hell inverted between the seats

www.geocities.com/spawn571ko/interiormods.html and www.geocities.com/spawn571ko/system.html for pics of my bucket seat conversion

any questions about how to mount the seats or dimensions for your box, contact me at [email protected]

"There is no 'I' in Tag Team"

Project 'rex: Coming Soon to An Eardrum Near You

Closed Thread