Closed Thread

Reload Thread: JL w6 or Orion HCCA 12

mhsbaseball4 is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

JL w6 or Orion HCCA 12

I have a mustang gt convertible and i have 2 jl w6 12s in my trunk, i am thinking about buying one orion 12 and putting it in there until i get my new car. Which is better?

jjoven1225 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    orion is good, but i would stay with the JL.. save you money plus it sound good

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    JL IMO is just plain overpriced mid-level stuff including the almighty to most jl people the w7 which isn't as good as it should be with a price tag like that. anyway your talking about 2 dif. types of woofers a mix of SQ/SPL in the W6 and a great SPL driver the HCCA. the design of the HCCA is old and so is the woofer but it still can hang in major comps around the world. if it was me i would get the HCCA but i hate JL never will own anything they make.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

jjoven1225 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by bumpin_blazer
    JL IMO is just plain overpriced mid-level stuff including the almighty to most jl people the w7 which isn't as good as it should be with a price tag like that. anyway your talking about 2 dif. types of woofers a mix of SQ/SPL in the W6 and a great SPL driver the HCCA. the design of the HCCA is old and so is the woofer but it still can hang in major comps around the world. if it was me i would get the HCCA but i hate JL never will own anything they make.

adam
    i know JL is overpriced but he said he already have 2 JL W6..

if i give you JL W7 for free, would u take it?

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i'd take yeah i'm not an idiot. i would never use it in my own vehicle but i would definetly take it.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

dbhittin is offline Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Drop that HCCA in a ported box, and it will kill any JL sub and alot of others. Ive owned JL, Fosgate, Kicker, Orion, Earthquake,and the list goes on

Closed Thread