Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Question about Subwoofer set up...

MA$E is offline CANT MOB LIKE ME

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question about Subwoofer set up...

ive been doin my research for about 2 months now, i already know what im gettin which is to 15's in a ported boxed, but i was wonderin what is the difference if i leave the subs in the box facing the rear of my car, or if i flip the subs around facing the front of my car and have the subs stickin out of the box? Ive seen it plenty of times, i just never really thought twice about it. How much of a difference in sound does it make?

heres an example of what im talkin about when i say "have the subs stickin out"

thanks

jeepintn is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Question about Subwoofer set up...

im not sure of the difference... i do know however... the polarity is reversed on an install like that, like the phase is reversed to the sub moves the correct way

anyone around nashville who needs an install done pm me

REFERENCES:
    smd4life(x2), scottiej(x3), army killa(x2), mike yayo, showrides, livinlife, pimpedout97x, PILOT 04, krouchchocolate, bigoso, blados, iamamp3pimp, xxxruckaz, joelowrider, CLJ, pesteele, danm7890, CrEaTrE, seth350, saywhat?, pepsifiend69, xxxpower, jadon087, 9512ds, skitzafit, billabongcr, ddeitz, ryanm923, massiveaudiocw, karkrazee96, tuck05, aeon, dcole18, purposesoap, morgans432, path2spl, krisfnbz, hessdawg, haunther, el_chupo_,

mikeyboc is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It shouldn't make a difference if they are inverted or not. Just make sure to account for the lack of sub displacement when you build your box.

GrnEydDvl is offline Registered User

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MA$E View Post
    ive been doin my research for about 2 months now, i already know what im gettin which is to 15's in a ported boxed, but i was wonderin what is the difference if i leave the subs in the box facing the rear of my car, or if i flip the subs around facing the front of my car and have the subs stickin out of the box? Ive seen it plenty of times, i just never really thought twice about it. How much of a difference in sound does it make?

heres an example of what im talkin about when i say "have the subs stickin out"

thanks
    Your example picture may be someone using an infinite baffle setup. That is, they wall off the front of the subs from the back of the subs and the use the trunk as the box.

For your original question, you can check out this link for a write up on an experiment on how to face your subs:
    http://www.teamrocs.com/technical/pages/aiming.htm

I stole this link from this ca.com post:
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176165
    Just giving credit where credit is due.

j3bus2k3 is offline Si vis pacem, para bellum

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GrnEydDvl View Post
    Your example picture may be someone using an infinite baffle setup. That is, they wall off the front of the subs from the back of the subs and the use the trunk as the box.

For your original question, you can check out this link for a write up on an experiment on how to face your subs:
    http://www.teamrocs.com/technical/pages/aiming.htm

I stole this link from this ca.com post:
    http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=176165
    Just giving credit where credit is due.
    Its not, you can see the ports inb/w the drivers. They're just inverted.

AIM: SPL Performance1
    /////Alpine 9835
    Active Processing via Coustic XM7
    Dayton 7" Mid-woofer with Seas Neo Tweet
    JBL/Crown 1100 & Power 300.4
    12" TC3000 Based Custom in 2.25ft^3 at 32hz

Wallet say But I say

References:Moe Lester, PV Audio, sss18734, DJ-Torn, dleccord, jiggy2dmax, Negativezeroz, Bama350z, TeamPSI, dB Dom, Kenny Pollock, Flossinon24s, Patfitz9 (x2), AppleBonker, BassAddictJ, the727kid, skadude016, CaliKid, Thumper88, Djman37, TeamQuakeCelica, Cerob, Pimpedout97x, Troy_Audi0, got_focus?, Karleon, Jamaica2G, rtillare, dumple, JohnnyBusa, mattmcss, whitem1ke88, nineball

Closed Thread