Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Brahma 12 or 15? Best place to buy?

Jdg784 is offline Yep..I'm God

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Brahma 12 or 15? Best place to buy?

Alright..well I tried the search feature and for some reason it craps out on me everytime I try and search for other threads on this..so it's time for a new one. I've decided to sell my Kappa Perfects and switch to a Brahma. It's in my supercab F-150 mounted behind the drivers seat facing rearward. What I wanna know is A) On adire's site it says that the woofer can put out loud sound levels at 200-400 watts, would I be able to run it off my Rockford 500S at full power (579 watts rated)? The 15 or the 12 B) Where can I get it for the least amount of cash as I'm kinda strapped at X-mas time. C) What sized sealed box would be best if I did decide to run it off the 500s. D)What would be a good amp/box combo if I got new stuff?

Alphafrog1 is offline PURDUE!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i do know one thing, and that is that you can't get them any cheaper than what the adire website says, unless you find them used. As for the rest, ask jlaine, he runs a shop that sells them.

In the process of building an enclosure for 2 12" Magnum D2's... should be fun :thumbsup

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *Choke*....gotta ..pay..full..price..oh well, guess it's worth it..or know anyone selling a used one?!

jlaine is offline Vaporware

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What size sub you are deciding on is going to vary the rest of the questions.

Personally, I'd go with the single 12". You have a very small cabin to pressurize with that F150, and the 500+ watts the RF amp you have is plenty for above modest listening levels.

Go with about 1 cubic foot sealed for the twelve, shouldn't take up too much space in your vehicle, and should give you what you are after.

I cover shipping if you choose to order from me, so you save some of the cost on one anyway.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm, well I was thinking about a 15..but the 12" would be cheaper..and a 15 in my cab would be rather loud...do you think that the 500s w/the gains all the way up would push hard enough? Also..it would be rather hard (although not impossible) for me to blow it w/an amp rated so far under the RMS correct? If you're in the need for business (and who isn't?), I'd be glad to order through you. I know you can't state prices on here, but if you would email me at Jdg784@hotmail.com w/pricing and shipping info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gain controls are not volume levels, but are used to properly match the amplifiers head unit output to the amp itself. Properly set the controls then work from there- pushing them past the level of clipping will not give you any added useful power.

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My bad, in that case..w/correctly set gains do you think it would sound fine off the rockford?

Alphafrog1 is offline PURDUE!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lol here is jlaine talking about modest listening levels and here i am with a 15" XXX, 4.5 cuft box, and a 1600 watt amp all thrown into the back of a Toyota King Cab Truck...

In the process of building an enclosure for 2 12" Magnum D2's... should be fun :thumbsup

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by Jdg784
    My bad, in that case..w/correctly set gains do you think it would sound fine off the rockford?
    I've heard them with 400w, in a larger cab than what you had, and thought it was more than plenty... You have more power than that, and less cab space. That should be more than enough for most listeners.

Closed Thread