Closed Thread

Reload Thread: How will my new system compare to the old?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How will my new system compare to the old?!

OK, here's the story...
    Two years ago I bought my first sub system for my car. It was rather simple but sufficed for me at the time... 2 12" MTX Blue Thunders in a dual bandpass box pushed by a Kenwood KAC728 (100 watts x 2). Now as laughable as this system looks, it has served me well and when I bought it I didn't think it would be NEARLY as loud as it was and I never thought it would have turned nearly as many heads as it did!!! As you can imagine , my old system was VERY "rumbly" and "thunderous" from a distance (I don't know..... I suppose this was due to the bandpass box???). It was still pretty nice sounding for someone who doesn't know any better, although I can now pick out bits and pieces of distortion and "weirdness" as I slowly but surely learn the in's and out's of this car audio stuff.

...but now it's time for something new... I want to try out something more on the SQ side.

Now, my new system that I've already purchased and plan on installing right after Christmas consists of 1 12" Eclipse ALUM in a small sealed box being pushed by an Audiobahn 1500HCQ (500watts x 1). I don't know anyone who has a system similar to what I'm going to put in my car so I have never been able to compare what my new system will sound like compared to my old.

...and THAT'S my question!!! How is this going to sound compared to those old crappy MTX's??? I REALLY ENJOYED the deep, rumbling sound and I know that an Eclipse ALUM is a SQ sub which is cleaner and tighter (which is indeed what I'd like to focus on)... but will it still have the same effect with that drawn out, rumbling, "hear me coming way down the street" bass that I keep mentioning?! Is this going to be a better sounding system in general?! If it helps any with your answers (because I understand that the type of car a system is in will effect how it sounds), I have a 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser. Also, I'm going to have custom fiberglass work done to mount everything in and on... is this going to make a difference in the sound too... as opposed to me just using a sealed, wood, 1.25 square foot box?

My apologies for going on and on... I'd greatly appreciate everyone's opinions, answers, and input!!!

Many thanX in advance.

nswartley is offline Down and out...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it will definitely sound MUCH better and it will probably also hit a lot harder. it has a lot more watts going into it. also, just because eclipses are SQ subs dont mean they dont hit hard, cuz they do. my friend has 2 10s and compared to your old system, it will be miles ahead. you will be surprised. anyone even with crappy subs can be heard far away, but that doesnt matter. its how it sounds inside. my friend has 2 10 RF punches in his jeep and you can barely hear them inside, while outside you can hear them pretty well. i hope that you are satisfied

nswartley is offline Down and out...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no, they are just punch-zs in his jeep. the RF punches hit !

Colin_100 is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think it will sound pretty good,
    plus it doesnt really matter what it sounds like out side, its not the greatest thing to advertise your stereo sometimes. but as long as it sounds great inside thats what really counts.

87 Runner
    5" Lift, 35" Muds,
    Smittybilt Bumpers,
    ProComp Lights,
    and a System,
    What more could you ask for?

Closed Thread

User Tag List