Closed Thread

Reload Thread: MB Quart QSD 216's ?

robbydobbs is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

MB Quart QSD 216's ?

Just placed an order on these MB Quart QSD 216's and they should be here tommorow.

I need to get an opinion from those that actually have these, on properly setting these up.

Need an idea on what crossover points others are running these at comfortabley, also how are they as far as sound quality and volume handeling.

Oh, and any tips on tweeter attenuation would be appreciated, I've heard that with the proper setting they sound fantastic. I do like my highs.

My system consists of :

1. HU : Alpine 7995
    2. SPK: MB Quart QSD 216's
    3. Amp: JLAudio 300/2 Front
    4. Sub: JLaudio 12w3 x 2
    5. Amp: JLAudio 500/1

No rear fill. Thanks to all who respond.
    Last edited by robbydobbs; 12-01-2002 at 11:44 PM.

I cant see God so I dont believe that He's there !

You cant see the wind,
    but ya need to breathe air !

mykeys is offline URABUS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think you get a choice on the midrange settings, but as for the tweeter you can set em up with the Xo in hand to adjust to your needs.. There really aren't too many adjustments you can make. I dont have a pair but I did help my friend set up his.

Mike

Your friendly neighborhood subaru freak!

jjoven1225 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    this has nothing to do with what you ask but i need to know... is mq quart qsd or qm worth buying... because i have the infinity kappa perfect 6.1 and 5.1 (top of the line for infinity) alreeady.. and thinking about selling it and getting mb quart components.. that means alot more money for me.. is it worthed selling mine and getting them or just stay with my kappas? and if you know anything about good sub, spit it.. i have 2 L7 and thinking about selling them also because it played out already.. i want something noone really has and better SQ and descent for spl.. i was thinking about stroker or jlw6v2, someone is telling me brahma.. any ideas..
    i ask this because if you got QSD, then you must know car audio! lol

robbydobbs is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Never had the Q's before this is my first set, but a friend switched from his Focal Utopias to these QSD 216's and seems very happy with his decision.

He says the difference is night and day, the QSD's dont crank up as loud as the Focals, but if you want SQ over SPL these are the only speakers to go with in his opinion.

These have a richer, deeper more full and rounded sound then the Focals. The Focals sounded to tinny and lacking in depth to me. I had a chance to hear the difference last night. And it was quite obvious.

I cant see God so I dont believe that He's there !

You cant see the wind,
    but ya need to breathe air !

Closed Thread