Closed Thread

Reload Thread: How many Ohms? What Subs would work???

quiimari is offline I Am Tiger Woods

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Icon33 How many Ohms? What Subs would work???

I have a Soundstream Tarantula 2-channel 880watt amplifier, and I am in a debate with myself over several different types of Subwoofers. Since the tarantula cant be run on 6 ohms...I think..... I took about the JL w6's that I really wanted. A audio dealer told me they work the best under 6 ohms and 4 ohms just doesnt sound as good. So its either 2 12" MTX thunder8000s or 2 12" Alpine Type R 1241Ds. If you have any other recommendations for subwoofers please respond. Any advice at all would be helpful.

God is dead
    - Nietzche
    Nietzche is dead
    - God

RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sure your amp can run at 6 ohms...

Semi Retired SPL Master
    Review Commitee Organizer
    Team CarAudio.com Captain

147.3 Termlab

Stereo Integrity/Memphis/Pioneer/Optima/JL

2003 NSPL Regular Cab Record Holder

Big Thanks to Loyd Lowry and Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity

GSteg is offline Custom User Title

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the amp should handle anything higher than 4ohm, whether its 6ohm or 1000ohm. as for 6ohm or 4ohm, the dealer is BS'ing you. 4ohm would give you more power, which translate into higher SPL without distortion. 100watts of 6ohm will sound the same as 100 watts of 4ohm. the only difference is that 4ohm will have little more distortion, but the difference is SO small, its inaudible. amps nowadays have THD of under 1% at 4ohm. not to mention a car's acoustic isn't the best for sound reproduction. oh yea..road noise. with road noise, no such thing as sound quality diffenence between 4 and 6ohm.

Hello GSteg it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Closed Thread