Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Zane... You said JL Audio is better than the Kicker L7??? Bah!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zane... You said JL Audio is better than the Kicker L7??? Bah!!!

A few posts ago you said that JL Audio will match and even surpass the actual output of the Kicker L7. I would REALLY be interested as to how JL Audio speakers could do that. Unless you have a W7 JL Audio does not stand a chance. Check their site. You will not see any of their subs with over 600 RMS. And I know what you wills say! Oh, well they under rate it for competitions. Let's just say they did. Let's even say their actual RMS was TWICE the RMS that they show. That would be 1200 RMS for their best speaker. And let's also say that Kicker underrated theirs too and it was actually 1200 RMS (1,000 RMS shown). Now, the Kicker has #1 More XMax (0.61 inches I believe) and #2 More cone area (The 15 which I am considering is Approx. the size of an 18). Now with all of those reasons please tell me how a JL Audio sub, any sub but the W7, could outproform a Kicker L7! I do know that the Eclipse ones could outproform the Kickers but I say no to the JL's. The L7 is more powerful in every way to the JL's.

jlman is offline Review Committee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I will tell you what i dont want to be mean and out of place but please shut your mouth you have no idea what you are talking about. Now i like the kicker subs and the JL even more but please i have seen these subs go at each other more than once and never have i seen the kickers beat JL besides once And that was 3 Jl W3s 15 verses 4 15 l7s with more power going to them. But the Jl w3 and W6 will outperform alomost every l7 out there. And yes they are underated very. Jls w3 15 is actually around 800 rms and 1400 max and maybe more rms will take every bit of power you can throw at them. Now i will say kickers subs are good but they OVERATE thier subs i have had both subs Not the L7s but i will say kickers overate cause i blew one putting too much power to them Now i get sick and tired of people saying Jl is overated cause they are not they have won more comps than anyone else in tha Biz. They have won best products for like 4 years in a row so that has to say somthing if you are into to comps at all you will know what Jl is all about but you dont and just for keeps the W7 would walk all over any kicker sub and i mean any so pleez think before you speak.

LOL not meant to offend but to inform.

zane is offline Bored.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Zane... You said JL Audio is better than the Kicker L7??? Bah!!!

Originally posted by ArcaneParadise
    A few posts ago you said that JL Audio will match and even surpass the actual output of the Kicker L7. I would REALLY be interested as to how JL Audio speakers could do that.
    I would be interested to know how you figure they can't.....

Unless you have a W7 JL Audio does not stand a chance. Check their site. You will not see any of their subs with over 600 RMS. And I know what you wills say! Oh, well they under rate it for competitions. Let's just say they did. Let's even say their actual RMS was TWICE the RMS that they show. That would be 1200 RMS for their best speaker. And let's also say that Kicker underrated theirs too and it was actually 1200 RMS (1,000 RMS shown). Now, the Kicker has #1 More XMax (0.61 inches I believe) and #2 More cone area (The 15 which I am considering is Approx. the size of an 18). Now with all of those reasons please tell me how a JL Audio sub, any sub but the W7, could outproform a Kicker L7! I do know that the Eclipse ones could outproform the Kickers but I say no to the JL's. The L7 is more powerful in every way to the JL's.
    Sounds like there is only one reason you are trying to compare- XMAX alone- which by the way- the Kicker S15 L7 is rated at .61cm.

http://www.kicker.com/images/manuals...icL7manual.pdf

JL Audio 15w3- XMAX of .68cm

http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/15w3.html

Pretty Much disproves your XMAX alone comparison.

Yes, the L7 does have more cone area, this due to its shape, however this only contributes to a wider (lower) frequency response. Personally, I would see no real world benefit as this would be most noticeable at low frequencies- under 20hz- which is in-audible.

As for the power ratings- I will say exactly that- JL is under-rated. Notice that they do not, nor ever have published any peak power ratings for thier speakers? Simple reasoning- they do not "over rate" thier products. The RMS rating is a very modest rating that JL considers minimal for acceptable performance. As stated allready, this is a primary reason that JL has been so successful on the competition circuit- it seems that the more power the subs recieve- the better they sound. Based on thier success in both SQ and SPL divisions, it would almost be fair to say that JL is not the typically designed subwoofer-which is also justify its ratings and success.

I have nothing against Kicker, it just needs to be known that the L7 is not the supreme woofer in this world. It is entirely possible for the JL to out perform the Kicker.

What are you wanting to compare to further illustrate this point?
    It is kind of hard to make any direct comparison of T/S parameters as kicker does not make thiers available on thier site. In saying, it is kind of a blurry conclusion that the Kicker is "more powerful."

take it easy,
    -zane

Webslave - www.SoundwavesCS.net

"The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready."

- Henry David Thoreau

mrray13 is offline uz some fegbags

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

just one thing.....

can u say "zane da man?!?!?" man must spend some time in front of a monitor or book or something!

anyway,without all the technical stuff. the L7's ain't all that. a local shop that carries the L7's also carries Treo and OZ. the main sales guy says that ALOT of people are switching to the Treo's. not only are they as loud (if not louder), they are cleaner. so no disrespect to kicker, they just ain't the big dogs anymore.

just to clarify, i believe the 7's get loud but for the price there are several other woofers that get just as loud, some if not most sound better doing it

Quote Originally Posted by lilmaniac2
    Your circles look like something a HMO doctor would do to a **** job ....
    ^^^ speaking about cbfryman's jigsaw ability

owner of Thread posts 11111 & 12345

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

zane is offline Bored.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: just one thing.....

Originally posted by mrray13

anyway,without all the technical stuff. the L7's ain't all that. a local shop that carries the L7's also carries Treo and OZ. the main sales guy says that ALOT of people are switching to the Treo's. not only are they as loud (if not louder), they are cleaner. so no disrespect to kicker, they just ain't the big dogs anymore.

Oh My God!!!

How could I forget Treo????

http://www.geocities.com/forkandbowl/treo.htm

Had to get me started didnt you?

-zane

Webslave - www.SoundwavesCS.net

"The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready."

- Henry David Thoreau

mrray13 is offline uz some fegbags

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    uuhhh,yea.

cool link, that is a SERIOUS componet set! uh, I'll take two please?!!
    Last edited by mrray13; 02-02-2002 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmaniac2
    Your circles look like something a HMO doctor would do to a **** job ....
    ^^^ speaking about cbfryman's jigsaw ability

owner of Thread posts 11111 & 12345

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

BigProof is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

why say "besides the W7"? i thought the whole arguement was that kicker is better then jl, or the L7 is better then JL audio period?! in any case JL W7's and or W6v2's will poop all over ANY kicker speaker. i would even choose a JL W6v1 over a L7, it may not be louder, but sound QUALITY is something a lot of people "forget" to look for.

ss3079 is offline Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is a two year old thread.

- Steve

2007 Chrysler 300C

2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
    Optima, Volant, Bully Dog, Corsa, Gibson, Powermaster, California Super Trucks, Fox Racing, Airaid
    Alpine 7998, Alpine HDA-5460, Arc Audio MEQ-30, (2) Adire Audio Shiva, Image Dynamics CD-2COMP, Image Dynamics CX64, (2) Image Dynamics ID8V.2, Arc Audio 2100CXL, Arc Audio 4150CXL, Arc Audio 1500D-R

2006 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14
    Quote Originally Posted by DJGTSR
    I dont mean to be rude, but what is the highest level of education that you finished?

Randy Savage is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Why did you bring back a thread that was almost 3 years old????????

Mark_ab is offline The Alpha Male

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At least someone uses the search button...I guess

*fart*

Broccoli gives me gas

Is this not a reasonable place to park?

Closed Thread