Closed Thread

Reload Thread: will my RF Power HX2 hit hard with this amps??

Da-Devil is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

will my RF Power HX2 hit hard with this amps??

I have 2 RF Power HX2, and my friend is selling me 2 amps SONY XPLOD 1600GSD (1200W) each, both for 350dlls, and my subs are 2000w peak, do you think this amps would have enough power to make my 2 subs hit hard?

Infinity Kappa 6.5" component
    Infinity Kappa 6x9
    RF 1000BD AMP
    2 RF HX2

Mark_ab is offline The Alpha Male

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    While they functioned the Sony's would work just fine for you.

Is this not a reasonable place to park?

xin
    xin is offline Boost > NA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hm.....let me think about.......maybe.......no.......not maybe........no for sure. Like Mark said it would be alright while it lasts... The power series is 1000 watt RMS I think, I am **** sure the Sonys RMS dip way below 1000. A amp that would do is the Crossfire vr2000D. That would be perfect. Or Planet Audio 2250D.

Clarion VRX630 6.5 inch Motorized Screen Receiver
    Clarion VCZ625 DVD/VCD/CD/MP3 Changer
    2 PT-12 Bass Mekaniks by U.S Amps
    6.5 Crossfire SQ Component Mids in custom fibreglass kick panels
    JBL BP1200.1-Back Up Amp
    Rockford Fosgate 200S
    Monster Cable One Farad Digital Cap
    H.O. Alternator-175 Amps
    Phoenix Gold Wiring

Da-Devil is offline Junior Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

but...

but is this amp 1200w rms or peak supposibly?

Infinity Kappa 6.5" component
    Infinity Kappa 6x9
    RF 1000BD AMP
    2 RF HX2

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i would almost garuntee that the sony amp is peak wattage is that much. you say you own a bd1000.1 RF amp why not buy a 2nd one and run each sub on the bd1000.1??? you could find a 2nd one for 350 easily my man and do that it will be better than a pair of Sony amps.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

mrray13 is offline uz some fegbags

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i don't care what these other people say...the sony amp is NOT overrated. they will do what they say they will...PERIOD! the only thing is, they need to be the mobile es line, or reliablity wiil be an issue. check ur amps spec sheets, i believe the model number will tell ya that it is a 600 X1 rms amp...1200 x1 peak. so combined (watch ur impedence), the sony's will do just fine. BUT, i have to agree with bumpin blazer, u have a bd1000, y not use it? it's 1000(+) rms, so should be every bit as loud as the two sony's. the added 200 wrms won't add a ton to ur db score, will probably not be noticable to ur ear and the two amps will add more strain to ur electrical system then a single amp will.

just something to think about...

Quote Originally Posted by lilmaniac2
    Your circles look like something a HMO doctor would do to a **** job ....
    ^^^ speaking about cbfryman's jigsaw ability

owner of Thread posts 11111 & 12345

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

NDMstang65 is offline Active Noise Control?!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by mrray13
    i don't care what these other people say...the sony amp is NOT overrated. they will do what they say they will...PERIOD! the only thing is, they need to be the mobile es line, or reliablity wiil be an issue. check ur amps spec sheets, i believe the model number will tell ya that it is a 600 X1 rms amp...1200 x1 peak. so combined (watch ur impedence), the sony's will do just fine. BUT, i have to agree with bumpin blazer, u have a bd1000, y not use it? it's 1000(+) rms, so should be every bit as loud as the two sony's. the added 200 wrms won't add a ton to ur db score, will probably not be noticable to ur ear and the two amps will add more strain to ur electrical system then a single amp will.

just something to think about...
    i beg to differ - have you ever cracked one of them open and looked at the powersupply and the board?

GSteg is offline Custom User Title

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    only their ES models are decent. the regular ones just don't do good.

Hello GSteg it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

xin
    xin is offline Boost > NA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And I have the baddest mobile ES of all!!! Mobile ES is very decent and I think might be underrated. However, the normal Xplod lineup blows serious balls.

only their ES models are decent. the regular ones just don't do good.

Clarion VRX630 6.5 inch Motorized Screen Receiver
    Clarion VCZ625 DVD/VCD/CD/MP3 Changer
    2 PT-12 Bass Mekaniks by U.S Amps
    6.5 Crossfire SQ Component Mids in custom fibreglass kick panels
    JBL BP1200.1-Back Up Amp
    Rockford Fosgate 200S
    Monster Cable One Farad Digital Cap
    H.O. Alternator-175 Amps
    Phoenix Gold Wiring

mrray13 is offline uz some fegbags

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Originally posted by NDMstang65
    i beg to differ - have you ever cracked one of them open and looked at the powersupply and the board?
    the sony or fosgate?? honestly never cracked either open. i'm not arguing that sony is the best built, i don't know. what i do know is that the mobile es line has gotten a bad rap becuz of sony's regular line. my mobile es amp pushed what it said it would, remained somewhat stable at 1 ohm, while not being a 1 ohm stable amp, and i never had any reliablity issues with it. i owned it for over a year, abused it most of the time, it's now with it's second owner, who is pushing a pair of 12" he2's with it, cranked 95% of the time. still no problems.

i guess what i'm saying is this...if it's a mobile es or class d sony, it's not a bad amp. not the best, but FAR from the worst. if it's a regular sony, well, i wouldn't own one.

Quote Originally Posted by lilmaniac2
    Your circles look like something a HMO doctor would do to a **** job ....
    ^^^ speaking about cbfryman's jigsaw ability

owner of Thread posts 11111 & 12345

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Geminidj2000 is offline The Bad Luck Kid

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The sony's should do fine they are a little over rated if u look at the fine print there 1000 watts at 1ohm the hx2's are 2ohms with dual voice coils right? im to lazy to look 2000 watts not bad and loopk at your other options cost wise u could get 2 jl audiods stable at 1 ohm stable at 1 oh like 1400 power (they dont post 1 ohm p[ower) thats there 280 each with shipping of e-bay so youd pay 560 dollars and thats the cheapest equvilent so I say hey get the sony's but u can get them for $212 with shpping new off e-bay (i was about to buy them) so that 414(tolat so yod save like $60 u might wanna talk him down a little more tho

GSteg is offline Custom User Title

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    very true...the regular xplod series gives out the bad rep. when people said their sony xplod (headunit, sub, etc..) *****, they generally say "sony". when people hear "sony", they think of sony as a whole and when someone mentions sony ES, they think its cheap also. some brands has their good and bad. like lanzar, lanzar isn't that great ever since pyramid bought them out, but their optidrive series remain on top.

Hello GSteg it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Closed Thread