Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Which Diamond sub line is their best and how well do they match up with JL amps?

yacoub is offline Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Which Diamond sub line is their best and how well do they match up with JL amps?

For example:
    http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...category_id=23

There's quite a variety of Diamond subs listed there and currently sold. Looks like the D900 series is the top of the line. Are they known for SQ and quality, or is Diamond more known for straight up powerful thump?

I am looking for a 10-12" sub that will run well on an amp like the JL 500.1 or similar class A/B monobloc producing similar wattage.

Also, is 2Ohm or 4Ohm better?

Thanks.

springy101 is offline village idiot/racist

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Which Diamond sub line is their best and how well do they match up with JL amps?

get the diamond d6 and phoenix gold 600.1, and the impedance of the sub wouldnt matter becuause the 600.1 puts out equal power at 1-4 ohms. and dont get a class a/b amp for a sub, draws way to much current and there really are no advantages over a class d when powering a sub.

I must follow in eugenics' footsteps, for he is great

Ref's: Ebay

VOA_NIGHTMARE, Blados, frankga2, allenzo, bamaboy x2, Crown_amps, violentrapture, adio x3, bumpin_blazer, fi car audio, haunther, sbcaprice305 x2

Worlddre is offline Big Darkie

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Which Diamond sub line is their best and how well do they match up with JL amps?

the D9 is there hot **** but it would need atleast 700+ to do what it does.....i suggest more power for any but the D3 and lower Diamond Audio line ups

"humility in the face of overwhelming genius will obviously amount to hypocrisy"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

VOA_NIGHTMARE, Blados, frankga2, allenzo, bamaboy x2, Crown_amps, violentrapture, adio x3, bumpin_blazer, fi car audio, haunther, sbcaprice305 x2

Prowler573 is offline R.I.P. Gossamer!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Diamond Audio Technology = solid gear.

They are generally known as SQL subs (sound quality with the ability to get plenty loud when properly implemented)

The D3s are their entry-level sub.
    The D6s are their mid-level gear.
    The D9s are their top dog.

Most (if not all) of their gear is somewhat under-rated (ergo...a sub rated for 500w RMS will normally take 600 or 700 watts safely)

There is no "better" when asking about 2 or 4 Ohms. Buy whatever is appropriate for whatever amp you plan on using.

See this guide for a pretty handy reference as to what voice coil configurations yield what final resistance loads.

Refs: [CA.com] [eBay.com]

yacoub is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ah, so a sub that requires that much power to really perform would likely mean upgrading other parts in the car to run it safely/reliably (battery, alternator, etc), where as with a 500/1 JL and a sub that runs at that level well (12w6v2 for example) and the 300/2 powering components I could probably get away with not having to upgrade anything, just maybe doing the Big 3.

Ignatowski is offline CarAudio.com Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have owned them all ,and a few more
    D6s IMO are the best value of all of the subs for 175 on Ebay
    you cant beat it for SQL with 600 or so watts they pump
    but if you have the power (1000+W) get the D9s
    D9s are brutal in the right box

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yacoub
    Ah, so a sub that requires that much power to really perform would likely mean upgrading other parts in the car to run it safely/reliably (battery, alternator, etc), where as with a 500/1 JL and a sub that runs at that level well (12w6v2 for example) and the 300/2 powering components I could probably get away with not having to upgrade anything, just maybe doing the Big 3.
    dont get a 500.1, for that price you could get the d9, an amp, and probably a box built, and you still wouldnt have to upgrade your electrical most likely

Closed Thread