User Tag List

Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Need some opinions on ported or sealed.

80_Cutlass_mn is offline What needs to be here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need some opinions on ported or sealed.

I finally made up my mind and i now know that i am getting a profile 600msx bass amp and 2 12" Pioneer vccs subs. But now i have a heavy decision weighing on my mind, ported or sealed? I like sq but something about the word LOUDER makes me want a ported box. If I do decide to go sealed what would be a good size for it, and if i was to go ported what would be a good size to go with and what should I tune the ports to? I am really weighing more on the ported side, even though all my friends with systems say to go with sealed. I want it to be loud but then i want the bass to be responsive to, i dont want the subs sounding like they are having a hard time keeping up with the music. I mostly listen to rap and some heavy metal so any suggestions woudl be greatly appreciated. Here's a pic of the sub.
    Attached Images  

Arctic White 1995 Camaro 3.4L

Hifonics BX2005D- 12" IA Death Penalty
    Premier prs-x220 - MB Quart DSD213 components
    Pioneer DEH-P7600MP - Scosche 4 Ga. wiring kit

Aol Instant Messanger: CamaroMN1995

GSteg is offline Custom User Title

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jmac..thats my sub..he wants the 12"

since i am using the pioneers right now (same amp too), i would say port the sub. my subs are still responsive until you get to their limits. u won't lose that much of sound quality if you build the box right and beside..u listen to rap, which ported will be enough. yes they will go deep. i have mine ported to 30hz, but its not properly built (port is made out of paper, yes i'm cheam:p ) if i were to start over..i'd port ti to 28hz also. in a 2.2 cubic feet box though. make sure you get a subsonic filter when you go ported. the profile doesn't have any.

Hello GSteg it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would you guys say about a sealed box? Either i would have to have a bigger box than i had originally planned on or have a really long port and im not up to trying to fit a box around a port. And i allready have those numbers i have both the beta and pro version of the Win ISD program. I was thinkin about a sealed box of around 1.4 ft3 or so, what do you think?

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks looks like i will try sealed for now, when i get a little more experienced i will try a ported box. 1.4 Ft^3 is about .1 over what pioneer recomends for sealed but im giving leeway to the displacement of the sub.

Closed Thread