Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

sub install problem

hey,

I currently have 2 10" pioneer subs in a regular box. I'm planning on making more trunk space by separating them, one on each side of the trunk. This will give me the entire middle section for groceries and anything else i wanna stick in there. I've heard different things from different installers. I have a choice between a cylinder shape or just a rectangular box. The space these speakers need is .86ft3 each. If I use the rectangular box then I would only be able to do .68 ft3 whereas the cylindrical one i can get it to .86ft3. So space is a problem for me. They told me that a cylinderical one will sound good but it depends on how deep i make it. Any suggestions?

My next question is, how should I face the subs....towards the front of the car or the back? I currently have them facing the back and they sound ok.

Thanks for your help. It's much appreciated.

Nick

violator5spd is offline Post Wh0re Hunter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How would you go about making a cylindrical box?

Maybe you could just make a dual enclosure that's pretty tall but not very deep. Then you could just push them all the way back and have some room in the front of your trunk. Alls I know is you don't want a box under the recommended size so if it can't be done with a rectangle, then maybe a square? 13x13x9 would give you .88 cubic feet...who knows? good luck

- John (AIM - ViolatorJF)

2000 Dodge Neon

DEH-P9300, JBL BP600.1, eD15A.22 in 2.5^3ft sealed

toyotanut is offline Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i was thinkin fiberglass for the cylindrical box
    and about the height thing....i don't have much height in my trunk either....I have a 91 tercel and the trunk space is not big at all. The reason why i choose the 2 corners is because they have a little corner space so that was the best palce to put them.

I'll try your dimensions and see if they work....I may have to alter the spare tire cover a little to accomodate. Thanks for your help!

Nick

Closed Thread

User Tag List