0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

blew a JL

can you believe it....

all that talk about JL Audio subs

i have an hifonics z1000d and 2 jlw3v2d4's wired at 1 ohm.

i was told w/the right box and if i have my amp tuned them jl's could handle the watts

Well after having them babies for 2 months, i blew one!! today!! haha

went back to shop (hi fi buys for those that live south), told the guy i blew a jlw3v2, he was like wtf.... yea right..... we went outside he heard the "farting" was like danggggggg

then they went into a big thing about who installed it and all that crap .. when really they tuned the amp, wired the subs, sold the box (box matches specs)..... soooo, i got them replaced...

i went ahead and used my own judgement and got 2 d2's instead of d4's .... so now i'm running them babies at 2ohms... meaning w/my amp they are getting now 750watts total giving each sub about a good 375.... i'm pretty happy now...

sound is a little different too... they sound better.... the guy was like yeah b/c the ohm isn't so low on the sub and now the subs will move better or something.... i really didn't knwo what he was talkin about but i did know that they aren't gettin max watts anymore and a li' more closer to rms......

Also, my lights aren't blinking too bad.. guess this zeus i got is taking a lot of power from my car..... but now seeing how we're at 2ohms, and no blinking........ no need for an Alt..... esp w/this pos car i got...... haha!

i still want more powerful subs though........ something w/a low end of a jl but the loudness of a kicker.... hummmmm... o well..... maybe later... i'm content for now, but tomorrow i'll probably be dreamin about new woofers again !

shoot w/this big ol amp one needs to use all of its power (1000 watts)!

---
    White Dodge Charger 3.5L V6
    Diablo Predator

Alpine d310 TV
    Set of Focal Polyglass 6.5 Comps
    Set of Infinity Perfect 6.5 Comps
    1 JL Audio 300.4
    1 JL Audio 1000.1
    2 9510 mtx subs

denim is offline SSAudio.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    637 Post(s)
    thats a funny story, shows once again that they are not all that great

CarAudio.com mod(original)

KoBan715 is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I dont really have anything to say, I said all in the other post.

Processor: AudioControl EpicCenter
    Amp: Autotek SX-2300
    Sub: 1 Re Hc-10

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    xmax doesn't really have a lot to do with SPL but yeah it could make them sound better your right there. see this just goes to proove me happier not b/c you blew your woofer b/c i think your a cool guy limitkid but b/c i hate JL. alright my 2 month anniversary makin me happy and now i read this post hehe just kiddin dude but at least you got them replaced.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

Wonderbread is offline Against Avatar Theft

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    watch a sub in aported box...
    near the tuning frequency does it move much at all?

MSN - [email protected]
    Add me if you have any questions!
    Quote Originally Posted by PT Teal
    I woke up one morning and found a cop at my door telling me he found my car on fire in the middle of the desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanerupper View Post
    Some people have told me that the chrome reflects sunlight, therefore the amp doesn't get as hot as others. Is this true?

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    it does but it doesn't have a lot to do with SPL there is MUCH more to SPL than Xmax.

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

Wonderbread is offline Against Avatar Theft

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yup...
    but seriously..
    watch a sub in aported box, lol.
    near the tuning freq, there is little excursion, and tahts where its loudest lol.

MSN - [email protected]
    Add me if you have any questions!
    Quote Originally Posted by PT Teal
    I woke up one morning and found a cop at my door telling me he found my car on fire in the middle of the desert.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanerupper View Post
    Some people have told me that the chrome reflects sunlight, therefore the amp doesn't get as hot as others. Is this true?

Closed Thread

User Tag List