Closed Thread

Reload Thread: Upgrade from 12" SE

Winston_Smith is offline Junior Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Upgrade from 12" SE

I'm looking to upgrade from a 12" RE SE, i've had this sub for about a year. I'd like to get something that might get a little louder, but still keep my budget down. I have the 12" SE in a 2.5ft@35Hz, with a JBL BP600.1 on it. I'd like to keep my current amp, my alt has a hard enough time keeping up with the amps i have now.

should i just build a new box, something more tuned to SPL? Or Should i buy a new sub(s), i was thiking about buying 2 12" Lanzar MAX Pro. A guy around here bought them brand new and is only asking $100 for both of them. I tested one of them in my box and it sounded ok, but did not reach the same output. Would 2 on 600W be enough?

System
    ---------------
    Alpine 9847
    Alpine Type R 6.5 Comps
    Kicker ZX150.2
    JBL BP600.1
    RE SE 12"
    2.5ft@35Hz
    Knu Knoceptz Wiring
    And a super craptastic 75A Alternator
    -------------------------------------------
    ..also some of you, while quite nice and normal on the inside, are a little scary looking on the outside and Im afraid if I let you in my house Ill be gang raped like in Clockwork Orange..
    Ben Afflek

MJ-tC is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Upgrade from 12" SE

I just went from a SE12 to a RL-p12. The RL-p sounds a lot better it is the tightest sounding sub I have heared in a ported box. This thing hits real good.

Mike Troll is offline knockin doors down!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winston_Smith
    I'm looking to upgrade from a 12" RE SE, i've had this sub for about a year. I'd like to get something that might get a little louder, but still keep my budget down. I have the 12" SE in a 2.5ft@35Hz, with a JBL BP600.1 on it. I'd like to keep my current amp, my alt has a hard enough time keeping up with the amps i have now.

should i just build a new box, something more tuned to SPL? Or Should i buy a new sub(s), i was thiking about buying 2 12" Lanzar MAX Pro. A guy around here bought them brand new and is only asking $100 for both of them. I tested one of them in my box and it sounded ok, but did not reach the same output. Would 2 on 600W be enough?
    Why would you go from an SE to a Lanzar sub?

Jump up to an SX or an MT

Team Xtreme Disturbance

Refs- TeamXDMatt, Shawn Fleming, Pipo Sanchez

HincklNutt is offline CarAudio.com Elite

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

my bp600.1 had no problem whatsoever pushing my brahma to its limits. awesome upgrade from the 10" se i had. id either go for a b12/15 if you can fit the 15. or an RL-P. as far as i can tell. you'll get similar results with eitherr one, and they will both be worlds better than your se

02 GTI 1.8t
    stage 2
    coils
    stock sound for now
    Ref's:
    vitveet, REQ, Untouchable11, Raven, bjfish11, kickerlivinloud
    [COLOR="Red"]

80INCHES is offline EPICENTERGLUED 2 ME

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winston_Smith

build a 4th order bandpass for it and u will be louder trust me

smgreen20 is offline phoenixphorum-com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Try TREO SSi12.xx

My install
    http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998

Closed Thread