Closed Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Reload Thread: Help Me!

  1. #1
    joesf's Avatar
    joesf is offline Member



    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Alabama
    Age
    26
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Help Me!

    Ok I am going to be honest I don't know crap about car audio I am 15 and Have a job putting on Vinal sidding and I have alot of extra money I just want to know some basic stuff about car audio like what is SQ, SQL, SPL or something like that I know I am going to get alot of jackasses making fun of me but hey man no one has ever told me anything before so if anyone has MSN,Yahoo or some crap like that I want to learn because I am really interested in car audio but I don't know if I am getting a good deal on stuff or not because well I just don't know HELP ME!







  2. #2
    RangerMan's Avatar
    RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,214
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help Me!

    Originally posted by joesf
    Ok I am going to be honest I don't know crap about car audio I am 15 and Have a job putting on Vinal sidding and I have alot of extra money I just want to know some basic stuff about car audio like what is SQ, SQL, SPL or something like that I know I am going to get alot of jackasses making fun of me but hey man no one has ever told me anything before so if anyone has MSN,Yahoo or some crap like that I want to learn because I am really interested in car audio but I don't know if I am getting a good deal on stuff or not because well I just don't know HELP ME!
    SQ- Sound Quality (how good it sounds)
    SPL- Sound Pressure Level (how loud it is)
    SQL- does not stand for anything really, just a mix of SPL and SQ
    RMS- Route Mean Squared (continuous power handling or output)
    Ported Enclosure- box with a "hole" in it and are usually louder
    Sealed Enclosure- the usual box



    Semi Retired SPL Master
    Review Commitee Organizer
    Team CarAudio.com Captain


    147.3 Termlab

    Stereo Integrity/Memphis/Pioneer/Optima/JL

    2003 NSPL Regular Cab Record Holder

    Big Thanks to Loyd Lowry and Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity

  3. #3
    joesf's Avatar
    joesf is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Alabama
    Age
    26
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Re: Help Me!

    Originally posted by RangerMan
    SQ- Sound Quality (how good it sounds)
    SPL- Sound Pressure Level (how loud it is)
    SQL- does not stand for anything really, just a mix of SPL and SQ
    RMS- Route Mean Squared (continuous power handling or output)
    Ported Enclosure- box with a "hole" in it and are usually louder
    Sealed Enclosure- the usual box
    Thanks man do you have msn or yahoo or something.




  4. #4
    ngsm13's Avatar
    ngsm13 is offline BSEE



    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    35,730
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    k, i can help u out on sum stuff
    my AOL sn: Ngsm13
    SQ- refers to Sound Quality of a sub
    SPL- refers to Sound Pressure Level of a sub (easy way to explain is loudness)
    SQL- is a mixture of both

    these 3 can describe what type of subwoofer it is, or how well they perform in each area.
    like a 70/30 of SQ/SPL means the sub is better in Sound Quality than SPL (about 70% SQ and 30%SPL)

    an SQL sub has a pretty even mixture of SQ and SPL
    hope that helps some
    and stick around here, i was clueless b4.....but htis site helps out a lot

    whoops, too late




    http://crunktimes.com/ct/
    nG - BSEE

  5. #5
    RangerMan's Avatar
    RangerMan is offline Premium Member RangerMan is a Supporting Member of the forum!



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    8,214
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Re: Re: Help Me!

    Originally posted by joesf
    Thanks man do you have msn or yahoo or something.
    Nope...it won't download onto my computer.



    Semi Retired SPL Master
    Review Commitee Organizer
    Team CarAudio.com Captain


    147.3 Termlab

    Stereo Integrity/Memphis/Pioneer/Optima/JL

    2003 NSPL Regular Cab Record Holder

    Big Thanks to Loyd Lowry and Nick Lemons from Stereo Integrity

  6. #6
    joesf's Avatar
    joesf is offline Member

    Threadstarter


    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Alabama
    Age
    26
    Posts
    127
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Re: Re: Re: Help Me!

    Originally posted by RangerMan
    Nope...it won't download onto my computer.
    Everyone who runs windows has MSN




  7. #7
    Wonderbread's Avatar
    Wonderbread is offline Against Avatar Theft



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,152
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
1e2 Forum