Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reload Thread: I've got a problem with these L7's.

F150Matt is offline Senior VIP Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've got a problem with these L7's.

Well I built a ported box for my L7's. First of all I never had it metered with them in the sealed box except in an outlaw competition and it did a 150.0 with the mic behind the seat. Well yesterday I took my ported box at 1.75ft^3 per woofer with the subs in their own separate chambers to a shop and got it metered. On the dash it did a 138.8, in the port it was around 155-156db's. I know there are people getting much higher numbers out of the L7's. I'm limited on room in my single cab truck and I can't get my parents to let me cut the bed. I cant get a bigger box, the only option I see is maybe more power, but thats not gonna increase my score very much. What can I do? What am I doing wrong? 138.8 was very dissapointing. My friend has an extra cab toyota with 3 pioneer IMPP 12's in a sealed box and does a 148-149 consistently. I should be hitting higher, what did I do wrong?

Matt Sibley
    Dad, Electrical Engineer, MBA

Used to do these:
    Team S.P.E.A.D. Captain
    Team Kicker
    Team Maxxsonics
    USACi Pro Stock 5001+ World Record Holder

khi
    khi is offline Idi Min

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    155, 156 isnt loud enough for you..? :o

yer insane

hehe

jj

F150Matt is offline Senior VIP Member

Threadstarter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thats with the mic in the port, I wish it was on the dash, then I would be more than satisfied. I want to be between 145-150 on the dash, and 138.8 isn't cutting it. HELP ME PLEASE!

Matt Sibley
    Dad, Electrical Engineer, MBA

Used to do these:
    Team S.P.E.A.D. Captain
    Team Kicker
    Team Maxxsonics
    USACi Pro Stock 5001+ World Record Holder

violator5spd is offline Post Wh0re Hunter

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What are your ports tuned to?

- John (AIM - ViolatorJF)

2000 Dodge Neon

DEH-P9300, JBL BP600.1, eD15A.22 in 2.5^3ft sealed

bumpin_blazer is offline Only the Strong Survive

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i talked to him earlier it's like a 40somethin tune port. when his car res. freq. is like 55hz. i told him to rebuld a box to that freq. and it would do MUCH better for him.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"
    So that set me off, and I said "Well then why do they let deaf people drive?"

AOL: JmKeenen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yes indeed

2000 Dodge Neon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    that is what i thought b/c my single L5 15" was a 48hz and my car's res. freq. is like 52hz so it was close enough to hit hella hard.

adam

2006 Bright Island Blue 6s: stock 6 disc in dash, Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5" comps, MB Quart Ref 12", eclipse 5-channel sub amp.

Car mods: Lowered on Mazdaspeed springs with Koni Yellow shocks, Racing beat front/rear sway bars with AWR end links, LED turn signals, tail lights, front side markers, 18" ADR Cypher rims, 55w HID's in low beam and fogs, 5% tint all the way around. No go fast mods yet...tuning and Mazda6 don't go well together .

Steve a.k.a. ss3079: So this one lady goes, "These ignorant people who drive around blasting there music, they cant hear emergency vehicles"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    btw, nice score on that...im getting some L7 10's and im hoping for 150's

2000 Dodge Neon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    not to mention it was dual 4ohm getting 750rms not the fulll 1000 off my amp.

adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    in that case, perhaps i should be expecting 150's

2000 Dodge Neon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    don't count on it unless your a very good box builder and have a ton of sound deadener. i have over 100ft of dynamat xtreme in my car not to mention my box was sealed tighter than a virgin.

adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    im working on the dynamat as we speak. as for the box, a friend of mine is a good box builder and said he would build me a 4^3 ported box however i'd like it for $50 so i said hell yeah.

2000 Dodge Neon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    still in a neon right with a trunk?? i don't think that will be that good of a box no offense i know a drum of fiberglass resin at home depot is like 20bucks and you need a gallon of it at least to seal a 4cuft. box. plus in a trunk 150's on dash good luck a guy here had 2 15"s in a trunk doing like 149 on the dash with 2kw of power.

adam

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    whoops

i wasnt talking about 150 on the dash, i meant at the ports...yea i agree though 150 on the dash for me would be quite a trick. my best friend has a 02' neon with 3 L5's and he's in the mid 140's

2000 Dodge Neon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah with a trunk it's really hard blessing of an SUV.

adam

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast